1. There are 2 timers in each lane. Each timer will be provided a stopwatch and there will be a clipboard with a list of swimmers for each lane to record times.
2. As the swimmer comes to the block, confirm the name. If the swimmer is not there, please write NS for no show.
3. Watch the starter for the start of the race. Generally watching for the flash of the starter is the best way to start.
4. Stop the watch when any part of the swimmer touches the wall.
5. Record both times on the timing sheet and get ready for the next race. The times will be averaged at the timing table to establish the official time.
6. If for some reason there is a malfunction with the watch, please signal for the back-up timer to exchange watches.
7. You get the best seat in the house with this job -- no experience is required!