Swim Meet Checklist
Checklist for a swim meet
- Label Items - Please label each item with the swimmers name. We have a lot of unclaimed items at the end of the year
- Swim bag
- Goggles and extra goggles in case they break or get lost
- Swim cap and always have an extra
- Extra towels - they don’t always dry
- Sunscreen/Chap stick
- Warm clothes - swimmers are cold even in the summer when they are wet
- Shade tent or umbrella
- Black sharpie - to write events on swimmers’ arm or hand
- Highlighter - to highlight events in the heat sheet
- Money - for the concessions stand and grill
- Water - lots to stay hydrated and Gatorade for electrolytes
- Blanket or sleeping bag - to sit in between races. Robes are also helpful
- Food Cooler - healthy snacks from home are a good idea (String cheese, bagels, fruit, granola bars)
- Chairs - for parents to sit on in team area
- Games & Books - bring music, cards, books, etc. for relaxation and enjoyment
- Stopwatch - if you want to time your swimmer
Warm ups and Coach Check In - as soon as you arrive at the pool, check-in with your coach to let them know you are there. Please arrive 15 minutes before warm up begins. This will give you time to set up your area and check in with your coach. Each age group will be assigned a time for warm up.
See your coach before and after every race. They want to give you pointers before you swim, and talk to you about your race after your swim.
Swim meets can be long, up to 6.5 hours. This is a fun time for all the swimmers to get to know each other as well as the parents. We go to swim meets for competition, and most importantly for fun!