Each summer, MESA partners our older age group kids (typically 13’s and up) with the younger swimmers. The big kids encourage the little kids and make them feel welcome, and the little kids cheer on their big swimmers. Typically nominal gifts are exchanged prior to each meet (beach balls, and/or cheering posters). Sign ups are taken at the Spring Meeting, and final assignments are determined during the first couple of weeks of practice.
If your swimmer decides to sign up for the program, they really need your support and guidance through the summer – the program only works if both “Big” and “Little” swimmers participate equally.
- Make friends with your little swimmer
- Find out what they would like to know about the swim team
- Teach them the MESA Cheer!
- Help them find identify what events they are swimming in a meet
- Cheer on your little swimmer
- Play a game of cards or read together in the team tent
- Bring a small nominal gift for your little swimmer
- Ask your big swimmer questions about the team or the meets
- Cheer for your big swimmer!
- Make a card or a poster for your big swimmer for the meet