Tennis equipment suggestions from RDUTennis
Tennis racquets for beginners:
- Ages 4-5 should be using 17-21 inch junior racquets
- Ages 6-7 should be using 23 inch junior racquets
- Ages 8-10 should be using 25 inch junior racquets
- Ages 11-12 should be using 26 inch junior racquets or even adult.
Where to purchase:
- Wal-Mart has a good selection of affordable junior and adult racquets.
- If you are looking for a wider variety, I recommend Dick’s Sporting Goods, Omega Sports, or a local tennis pro shop. Advantages of purchasing from a tennis pro shop include custom-fit racquets and a higher level of customer service.
- Used racquets/demos can possibly be purchased at local tennis pro shops. The Farm and CHTC, and most certainly at Play It Again Sports.
- As a beginner, it is not imperative that you have tennis shoes. Athletic shoes are 100% needed to play tennis, such as cross trainers or running shoes. However, tennis shoes give you the traction you need to move on the court at your best ability.
If you have specific questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.