Chapel Hill Country Club (Swim Team AT-A-GLANCE)
Sharks RETURN in 2021
(with Covid Modified Season)
The SHARKS are BACK! Register now for the CHCC swim team in what is sure to be a unique and memorable season. Unfortunately, our partnership with Ridgewood is suspended this season because of continued Covid pool restrictions. Therefore, this season of Sharks will be CHCC Members only. The plan is to compete in three virtual meets and an in-person age group only CHAMPS at the end of July through the Chapel Hill Summer Swim League (CHSSL). Swim Team is NOT swim lessons.
If you are a returning CHCC Shark, this season will be DIFFERENT. However, our goal is to modify, but maintain as many of our team’s traditions as possible. You know what the Sharks are all about and how amazing our season can be. We ask for your grace as we try to capture the essence of our team in a world still recovering from the pandemic.
If you are a NEW CHCC Shark, we are excited for you to join the team, but ask for your grace and patience as we try to manage this new format. We have never organized a season like this before and our goal is to make it Shark-Tastic for your child, but we are parent volunteers and will be learning “best practices” as we go. You will be required to attend a swim test prior to the start of the season - Dates TBD at this time. Remember - Swim team is NOT swim lessons. While there have been a few 4 year olds on the team in the past, the youngest swimmers tend to be 5 or 6 years old and have already had several years of swim lessons before joining the swim team.
For all Sharks, please note:
- Sharks will be following USA Swimming Guidelines, as well as, CHSSL recommendations regarding masks and other social distancing procedures.
- All swimmers must be capable of swimming MULTIPLE laps in a row without grabbing on to the lane lines, side of the pool, or require the assistance of a coach. In the beginning of the season, Coaches may ask your child to swim a lap / “walk a lap.” In other words, your child may be asked to get out of the pool and walk around to re-join the group.
- At this time, NO Shark Assistants will be in the water this season to provide help and /or a “quick resting stop.” A coach will only enter the water in an emergency and/or to provide instruction.
- All swimmers must be “independent” in their ability to put on their goggles, caps, and other personal actions, like behavior management. At this time, Parents will NOT be allowed on deck at Champs. Deck access by parents may be limited during practice and virtual meets as well.
- Any 6-Under swimmers will most likely compete in the 7 & 8 Year old Division for virtual meets. The league is still determining guidelines and best practices for our youngest swimmers.
PRACTICE & FEE SCHEDULE
- Access to a maximum of 3 practices per week
- Pre-register each week for your practice slots; More information to come on registering for additional practices if the session has availability
Visit www.chccrsharks.com for More Information & to Register
Email [email protected] with additional questions.
This Text Editor DOES NOT SAVE YOUR WORK AUTOMATICALLY and there is a RISK OF LOSING YOUR WORK.
[Do not spend more than 10 minutes creating or editing content. If you do, use Microsoft Word or like product]
PLEASE DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER WITH THIS TEXT EDITOR. THERE ARE KNOWN ISSUES TEAMUNIFY CANNOT EASILY SUPPORT. PLEASE USE THE FIREFOX BROWSER: WWW.FIREFOX.COM. FIREFOX IS FREE, FAST AND COMPATIBLE.