Jeff DeNick -- 2019 Head Coach
The Voorhees Swim Team is pleased to announce Jeffrey DeNick as the Stingrays new Head Coach for the upcoming 2018 Tri County swim season. During the school year, Coach DeNick serves as the Head Coach for the Moorestown High School Boys’ swim team and is a guidance counselor for 350 of 700 students at Delran Middle School. He acts as the anti-bullying specialist and serves as a member on the Burlington County Crisis Response Team as well as the Burlington County Counselors Association. Coach DeNick and his wife Kim joined the Voorhees Swim Club last summer with their three children Jack, Anna and Sam. The DeNick family was very active last summer, participating and volunteering in all the Club and Team events.
Coach DeNick started his coaching career in 2001 as the boys swim team coach at Shawnee High School. During his time there he coached the team to the state playoffs each year. In 2008, the team earned a place in the NJ Sectional Championships. In 2009, Coach DeNick was named the head coach for the Moorestown High School boys swim team. Since his appointment as Head Coach, the team has achieved 8 Burlington County Swim League Championships, 4 SJISA Coaches Invitational Championships, 5 Sectional Championships and 2 NJ State Championships.
For the 2013-2014 swim season, Coach DeNick earned the Star Ledger and Courier Post Boys Swim Coach of the Year Award for his passion, dedication and achievements.
During the summers, Coach DeNick has stayed busy by acting as the Head Coach for various Tri County and Suburban League clubs. He spent 3 years at Riverton Swim Club, coaching at least 10 Tri County qualifiers in his first season there, which was also their first winning season in 20 years. From 2011-2014 Coach DeNick brought his leadership to Medford, where he coached the team at the Medford Village Country Club of the Suburban League. In 2016, he moved to Riverdel Swim Club and immediately increased their Tri County qualifiers during that summer.
Teams run by Coach DeNick focus on technique, endurance, stroke proficiency, starts, dives and turns but most important is to have a lot of fun and spirit through the summer. Coach DeNick is eager to bring this philosophy and motivation to the Voorhees Swim Team this summer.
The Voorhees Swim Club Board of Trustees, Kim Seybold our Tri County representative, and the Swim Team Committee are extremely excited to bring Coach DeNick into the fold and share this exciting news with all of you. We are more confident than ever that our swimmers, from our 8 and under groups to our 15-18 year olds are going to get the structure, discipline, coaching and team first attitude we need to be successful. Please contact him at: email@example.com
Coach DeNick’s Accomplishments as Head Swim Coach include:
- 9 Years Tri-County and Suburban League Coach
- 17 Years Head Coach Boys Varsity Swim Team – Moorestown High School (8 yrs.) and Shawnee High School (8 yrs.)
- 17 NJ State Playoff Appearances
- 12 Time Sectionals Finalist
- 7 Time Sectionals Champion
- 4 NJ State Finals Appearances
- 2 NJ State Championships
- 6 Time Coach of the Year – Including 2013-2014 New Jersey State Coach of the Year
- Over 190+ Career Wins
- 75 Burlington County Swim League consecutive meet winning streak
- 6 Burlington County Swim League Championships
- Coached 8 Burlington County Times Swimmers of the Year
- Completed a 48 meet win streak starting in 2013-14 season and concluding in the State Semi-Finals in 2016
Kim McDonald -- 2019 Assistant Coach
· New Assistant Coach to the Stingrays for the 2018 season
· 4th grade teacher at Joseph D. Sharp Elementary School in Cherry Hill
· Taught 5th grade for three years at St. Joan of Arc School in Marlton
· Former Head Coach at Gibbstown Swim Club
· Former Assistant Coach at Woodcrest Swim Club
· Former Girls Head Cross Country Coach at Holy Cross Academy in Delran
· Loves swimming and is still a member of the South Jersey Aquatic Club (SJAC) Masters Program
· Lives in Audubon and has a dog named Slice
· Favorite thing about coaching is watching times drop!
· Looking forward to a great summer
· You can contact Coach McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org