Family Obligation & Job Descriptions
First: You MUST volunteer at Time Trials if your child swims in Time Trials (this is separate from any other volunteer obligations).
- At Time Trials, we are running a meet with one team instead of two teams which means that the manpower that we must provide essentially doubles.
- All of the same jobs have to be done…but they all have to be done completely by Dolphin families.
- Volunteering at this meet is a requirement if your child swims in Time Trials.
Second: You MUST volunteer throughout the season as defined below
- Families of swimmers who mostly swim in Developmental B-Meets (Wednesday Meets) will be required to work at Time Trials and to log in “four additional swim meet volunteer slots” for the season.
- Families of swimmers who ALSO regularly swim in Dual A-Meets (Saturday Meets) will be required to work at Time Trials and to log in “six additional swim meet volunteer slots” for the season.
- “Special meets” such as IM Tough, Relay Carnival, Divisionals, and All-Stars are not counted toward the obligations listed above.
- Families of swimmers participating in the “special meets” must volunteer at those meets.
- For volunteer purposes, Developmental B-meets and Time Trials are split into two halves.
- The first half includes the first 2 strokes of that meet; the second half includes the last 2 strokes of that meet and Individual Medley events.
- A-meets are not split in half.
- Please be considerate of all our families when selecting your volunteer positions. If you are the parent of a swimmer over the age of 10, please volunteer for the second half of a Wednesday meet. Please allow the families of our youngest swimmers to volunteer during the first half of the meet.
Tracking: Yes, we really do track volunteer slots through our online sign up system.