WELCOME TO WINTER SWIM SEASON 2021-2022
- We are so happy to be back in the pool together this winter! While the season may look a little different this year, we are excited to be able to swim together again.
- Online registration for swim team will open to all returning families on October 11th. Online registration for new families will open on October 14th. At this time, we are limiting the number of swimmers in each group in order to space swimmers out in the pool. We will adjust numbers for each group as registrations come in and increase numbers as needed.
2021-2022 Winter Season Fees
Group A: Swimmers ages 11 & older- $125
Group B: Swimmers ages 10 & younger who are able to swim one length of the pool independently- $105
Group C: Swimmers ages 10 & younger who use a pool noodle or floatation device while swimming- $105
Group D: Swimmers practicing with their high school or non-CPAL affiliated team (meets only)- $30
- In order to register, go to the home page of our website, click on the "Otters Winter 2021-2022 Registration" button on the right-hand side and follow the directions listed.
- One of the big differences this winter will be the team's expenses and income compared to a normal year. Our expenses (pool rental fees, coaches' pay, insurance fees) that are normally a part of our agreement with LVC are going to increase significantly this winter, while our income will be much lower (no home meet concession sales, lower registration fees). We tried to find a balance of lowering registration fees knowing that we are not able to offer as many practices as we do in normal years, while still bringing in enough income to cover expenses. The team will be covering about half of the expenses incurred this year while registration fees will cover the other half. We are grateful for all of our families' support in the past with concession sale donations and support of the All-Star meet that we're able to make this season happen while keeping registration fees lower.
- If we are able to add additional practices at LVC while the college students are home on winter break, there may be an additional fee to help cover those expenses. We will cross that bridge if LVC allows us to use the pool over winter break.
- Exact practice times and groupings will be determined based on registration numbers. We are asking that families register ASAP so that we can plan practice groupings. Practice times will be between 6-8 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Cedar Crest High School.
- We ask for everyone's flexibility and grace this season as we may have to make adjustments on the fly with any unknown factors that may come up during the season.
Important COVID Information
COVID-19 Protocols: At this time, we will be following CDC Guidelines and Cornwall-Lebanon School District's mask policy. Masks must be worn by everyone while inside the building and swimmers must wear a mask until they enter the water.
If you or anyone in your family has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, has symptoms of COVID-19, including dry cough, shortness of breath, fever and/or chills, loss of taste or smell, please stay home. Please help to keep everyone in our community safe!
We look forward to having you join the Lebanon Valley Swim Team and are excited for another great season!