Team Philosophy and Goals:
The philosophy of the Barrington Blue Fins Swim Team is to provide a positive swimming program that will:
- Develop self esteem, confidence, and a sense of personal achievement for each Blue Fin by teaching sound swimming mechanics and techniques;
- Develop discipline, responsibility and commitment for each Blue Fin;
- Teach our Blue Fins how to accept both victory and defeat gracefully;
- Provide an environment of healthy competition in which each Blue Fin can succeed by improving his/her time and skill level;
- Provide an enjoyable social experience for Blue Fins and their families.
Being a member of a swim team involves commitment. Your swimmer is expected to participate in practices and meets. Our summer league is structured with an emphasis on the team as a whole. Any team is only as good as the people on it and their commitment to the team. Every swimmer has a role to play on the team - some with great spirit and some with first place swims. Every swimmer contributes to the success of the team.