CELEBRATING 60 YEARS (1958-2018)!
A Community-based Recreational Swim Team Since 1958
The LMYA Dolphins presented the first opportunity for East Bay swimmers to explore their athletic skills in an aquatic world. Founded by Lafayette parents Don Nesbit, Dick Dobbins and Fran High, the Dolphins established the foundation for the Contra Costa Swim League. The team held its first practice in summer 1958 at Acalanes High School's pool. 60 years later, we still call the Acalanes High School pool our home pool and we are located at 1200 Pleasant Hill Road, Lafayette, CA 94549.
The LMYA swim team welcomes swimmers of all ages (3-18) and levels. We are a non-membership based organization, with no annual membership fees or year-over-year commitment applies - only participation fee. You can register online from our Home page. Below is a quick overview of our program.
· Non-competitive Starter Program (Gutter Guppies) for beginner swimmers that need a nurturing and non-competitive program to learn the basics of swimming.
· No Wait-Lists. Your swimmer’s enthusiasm is all that is needed to get started.
· Age / Level Appropriate Teams. Swimmers are placed in teams of their age group and level to ensure highest quality practices.
· Excellent Facilities. We hold our practices at the Acalanes High School pool, home of the County Championship Meet. This is a 16 lane, fast and deep competition pool.
· Spring - Summer Program Only. Our Spring and Summer season runs from March through August. Our meet schedule is available here.
· Parent Commitment. Our program is run by parent volunteers. All participating parents are required to fulfill parent job requirements or can pay to opt out of this commitment.
. Registration opens February 1st.
Joining the LMYA Swim team is a decision you will never regret...or forget. The memories you and your family will make TOGETHER will last a lifetime!