Lawrence Park Swim Club
Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. They have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of Lawrence Park Swim Club facilities, and enjoyable recreation for all members and their guests. Parents are required to caution their children to observe all rules and obey the instructions of the pool manager and staff for their own well-being and safety.
Any failure to comply shall be sufficient cause for IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION of pool privileges for the offending member for 1-7 days, and may be considered sufficient cause for CANCELATION OF MEMBERSHIP. Authority and responsibility for all activities in the area of the Club are vested in the Club manager under the authority and direction of the Board of Governors. The Club manager has the authority to eject an offender of these rules and regulations. Remember that the Club manager and lifeguard staff are in complete control of the pool and grounds at all times. Please follow their directions.
- Each member must provide their name to an attendant, at the Club entrance, when entering and departing the Club.
- No membership cards are needed. A member who allows another individual to use his/her name/identity WILL LOSE his/her Club privileges.
- All child members under 12 years of age as of May 1st must be accompanied by a member 16 years of age or older. HOWEVER, THIS PRIVILEGE MAY BE REVOKED FOR DISCIPLINARY REASONS, EITHER TEMPORARILY OR FOR THE SEASON, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MANAGER OR THE BOARD.
- Members may bring guests at the fees listed below and subject to the listed restrictions. THE CLUB MANAGER MAY REGULATE GUEST PRIVILEGES WHENEVER HE DEEMS IT NECESSARY.
- Guest fees for anyone 2 years of age and older:
- Weekdays - $8.00
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - $10.00
- GUEST PASSES – 6/$40.00 valid weekdays and weekends
- Maximum of 4 guests per family on weekdays and 2 guests per family on Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays. No guests are permitted on Family Day.
- Guest passes are valid for issue date ONLY. Guests must leave when members leave.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member 12 years or older on weekdays and 18 years or older on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Senior Citizens are free guests on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, when accompanied by an adult member.
- Members are responsible for their guest’s conduct.
- The Club will not be responsible for loss due to any cause whatsoever of jewelry, valuables, clothing or other personal property.
- No pets of any kind are permitted on Club property at any time.
- Dancing and adult public displays of affection are not permitted in the pool area, except during special events.
- There shall be no smoking, drinking, or loitering in the wash rooms.
- No one shall be permitted in the pool when lifeguards are not on duty. The pool may not be used when the front entrance gates are closed. TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.
- Pennsylvania Health Regulations require that all bathers showers before entering the pool.
- During regular hours of operation, use of LIQUOR, MALT BEVERAGES, OR ILLEGAL DRUGS IS FORBIDDEN. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave the Club property and is subject to permanent expulsion. Members bringing guests to the Club are responsible for, and subject to penalty, in the event their guests disregard this rule.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, ball throwing and general horse-play are prohibited in the pool area.
- Irresponsible behavior (i.e. rock throwing, obscene language or gestures, etc.) is not permitted and will subject the offenders to suspension from the Club facilities for a time determined by the manager on duty.
- Jumping and diving are permitted in ONLY 2 sections of the pool.
- The lap lane is reserved for adults, 18 years and older. The lap lane will be open at all times unless the manager feels it is required to relieve overcrowding.
- ALL CHILDREN USING THE WADING POOL MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PERSON WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SAFETY AND CONDUCT.
- Children of diaper age must wear swim diapers while in the wading pool and are NOT PERMITTED IN THE MAIN POOL AT ANYTIME. Regular, disposable diapers are not allowed due to their chemical contents.
- Appropriate swimsuits must be worn in the pool. Cutoffs are not permitted.
- Glass and chinaware are NOT PERMITTED on the premises in any form. UNBREAKABLE PLASTIC CONTAINERS, FOR WATER ONLY, ARE PERMITTED ON DECK.
- ALL FOOD, SNACKS, AND DRINKS ARE TO BE CONSUMED WITHIN THE DESIGNATED EATING AREAS. NO FOOD, SNACKS OR DRINKS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF WATER IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER) ARE PERMITTED ON THE DECK.
- In consideration of others, picnic tables and umbrellas belonging to the Club may not be reserved except when in actual use.
- All cooking shall take place on the lower level.
- Gambling on Club property is prohibited.
- The use of cigarettes, e-cigarettes and other tobacco products is prohibited inside the Club.
- No snorkel equipment, life vests, pool noodles, water wings, rafts or other inflatable equipment are permitted in the main pool. Small inflatable equipment will be permitted only in the wading pool.
- A deposit, determined by the Club, is required on athletic equipment borrowed from the front desk. The Club has the right to retain this deposit if the equipment is returned in damaged condition.
- Water guns of any type are to be used on the lower level only.
- Lounge chairs and playpens belonging to members must be placed in the storage area provided.
- The toddler swings adjacent to the wading pool are for children up to 4 years of age.
- All injuries, no matter how minor, must be reported to the manager on duty.
- Children under 10 years of age must pass the Club deep water test in order to use the diving board or slide.