Membership: Add and verify a cell number for SMS/texting
It is very important to sign up to receive text messages from the LBC swim team managers. This is a quick and easy way to keep you informed regarding weather issues, last minute announcements etc.
To add a cell number for texting messages please follow the steps below. This MUST be done for the number to be activated for use through Team Unify. Ideally an account holder will perform the below steps, as it requires retrieving a verification code from their cell phone and entering it on the site.
Please also add your swimmer's SMS .
1. Sign In to your team's TeamUnify SwimOffice website.
2. In the side menu click My Account > My Account.
3. Fill in the cell number in the SMS field.
4. Pick the cell Carrier for that phone from the drop down menu.
5. Click Save in the upper right and it will send that number a verification text.
6. Check your cell phone for a "Verify your SMS" text from notifications+alias, where alias is your team's alias, and open it. Note that some cell carriers can take awhile to deliver the message.
7. Tap the link and you should see one of two possible messages.
• "Success! We have validated your primary SMS." (or "secondary SMS" if that's what you were
• "Sorry, your primary SMS has already been validated." Sometimes just opening the text will
verify the number, resulting in this message.
In either case the SMS number is verified and ready to receive texts from the team.
8. If tapping the link doesn't work, note the four digit code number in the text message.
9. If you get the message "Sorry, the code XXXX did not match any codes," continue.
10.Back in your team's SwimOffice website, click the Unverified button above the SMS number.
11.If you got the error in step 10 on your mobile device, click Resend Verification and go back to step 7.
12.Enter the four digit code from your text message in the Verification Code field and click Verify.
13.You will see Verified in green above the SMS number. You may need to refresh the screen to see this.