Background-image
Rain Delay Information

 Rain Delay Information

In the event of inclement weather, we want everyone to be aware of our plan for practices and meets. Please know that we will make every effort to get both practices and swim meets in, but in the event that we have heavy rain,thunder and/or lightning during your child's practice we will do the following:

Heavy rain: We will delay until the heavy rain subsides. For everyone's safety, the coaches must be able to see the bottom of the pool at all times. If heavy rain prevents this, we will clear the pool (even if there is no thunder). 

 

Thunder: per protocol, we must clear the pool and wait 20 min from the most recent thunder before returning to the water. 

 

Lightning: per protocol, we will clear the pool and pool deck area (including the playground) and wait 30 min from the most recent lightning strike. We will ask that swimmers and parents go to their cars for safety. 

 

CANCELLATION / POSTPONEMENT OF MEETS:

In the event of thunder, Please feel free to wait in your cars, but PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE!! We will delay the meet for up to 40 min before discussing a make-up/cancellation option. 
 
In the event of lightning, we ask that all participants and spectators clear the deck and return their cars for safety (BUT AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE!!). 

 

OFFICAL MEET PROTOCOL per ASA RULE BOOK GUIDELINES:

"Every effort must be made to swim each meet as scheduled. In the event of inclement weather, each team must show up at the pool on time. If at 5:30 the weather still precludes the meet from starting, the two team representatives, two head coaches, and starter/referee will meet and decide whether to postpone or reschedule the meet. Care for the safety of the swimmers and spectators should be of the utmost importance in deciding whether or not to continue competition.
 
 IF the meet is delayed more than 30 minutes due to Inclement Weather AND half the events have been completed (43 events) AND there is a decisive winner (40 point lead or more), THEN, the meet will be called and the leader takes the win.
 
 IF the meet is delayed more than 30 minutes due to Inclement Weather AND fewer than half the events have been completed (fewer than 43 events) OR if there is no decisive lead (less than a 40 point spread), THEN, one Parent Rep and one Coach from each team should:
  • Agree to continue the delay for an additional 15 minutes, OR
  • Agree to reschedule (if there is sufficient time remaining in the season), OR 
  • Agree to a tie and both teams will be credited with a win. If the meet is at or past Event 66 (end of 15-18 boys breastroke) and a team is ahead by 30 points or more and the meet can’t continue due to inclement weather then the meet will be called and the leader wins the meet.

 NOTE: If no agreement can be reached, then the Parent Rep of the leading team makes the decision to either reschedule or take the tie. The option to continue the delay must be agreed to by both teams."

 

We will send updates via text.  In order to receive the texts you must verify your cell phone number in Team Unify.  Please click here for more information: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5osxp_DdrfPR1N4UHVfa0o0cFE