What Should Your Swimmer Eat & Drink
Before Practice & Meets?
- A swimmer needs lots of carbohydrate-rich foods spread out over the course of the day in small meals & frequent snacks.
- Avoid high-fat choices & fried foods
- Also avoid carbonated and/or caffeinated drinks
- Some good choices are: pancakes, waffles, French toast, bagels cereal, English muffins, fruit, juice, fruit smoothies, low-fat milk, water pasta, bread, pizza, soup, salad
- Remember to keep your swimmer hydrated! Water, Gatorade, or Powerade are especially good for practices & meets.
- Some good snack choices for on the go: applesauce, fruit cups, yogurt, trail mix, nuts, raisins, dried fruit, pretzels, dry cereal, crackers, muffins, carrot sticks, celery sticks, apples, grapes, bananas, oranges
Remember to Stay Hydrated!