The Warson Woods Swim Team is parent-volunteer organization. The Hurricanes could not exist without the help of each and every family whose child swims for the club. In addition to the administrative team that leads the club for the season, each meet requires on average 20 volunteers (more for home meets) to run efficiently, fairly and safe.
We ask that each family volunteer for two meets per season (not including conference). One of the 2 jobs needs to be either as a timer or bullpen worker. You sign-up for volunteer jobs under the "Events" tab across the top of our webpage. It is a first-come, first-served system.
You may waive your volunteer duties, you may do so in advance at a cost of $75/meet. This amount is payable by check to Warson Woods Swim Team prior to the first meet.
In the event of an unforeseen, sudden conflict with one of the meets for which you've volunteered, there are two options:
1) switch with another swim team parent
2) notify the swim team and we will find a paid substitute for you at the cost of $75.
For liability purposes, you not make your own arrangements for a paid volunteer. This allows us to ensure that substitute volunteers are responsible and trained to work with our young swimmers.
1. The conference meet is NOT included as one of your volunteer commitments. Every family with a swimmer competing in the conference meet will be required to work a shift at conference.
2. Your swimmer will not be able to participate unless you have signed up for all of your commitments or written a check for your buy-out(s)
3. Failure to meet your volunteer commitment to the team may result in working extended shifts during the meets for which you are available or at conference which is an all day event.
4. With the exception of emergencies, no-shows for volunteer commitments will result in a $100 fine. Accounts will be suspended until the fine is paid in full.
These rules are in place to be fair. When one person in a volunteer organization fails to meet his/her responsibility, it places an undue burden on the rest.