Kickapoo Boy’s Swim & Dive Team Information
Kickapoo Boy’s Swim & Dive Team is coached by Pete Hill. Practices are on a rotating time schedule at Foster Natatorium. Pete will note practice times on the white board and also post them on the Team app.
Springfield Public Schools Head Diving Coach is Richard Hackett. Diving practice is usually around 3:30 at Foster Natatorium.
The 2021Board Members are:
Dawn Kirkpatrick, President
Jennifer Smith, Vice President
Carla Zeilmann, Treasurer
· PLEASE GET SPORTS PHYSICALS DONE AND TURNED INTO THE SCHOOL EARLY FOR THE 2021-2022 SEASON! They can get a copy of the physical form from the KHS Website, kickapoochiefs.org Go to "About Us" "School Forms" "MSHSAA Physical Form". The forms can be turned in anytime over the summer during office hours to:
Athletics & Activities
Kickapoo High School
· Where do we park for meets? All in town meets will be held at Foster Natatorium (Springfield Public School Natatorium) at Highway 65 and Chestnut Expressway on the outer road (660 N. Eastgate Ave). Parking is limited (Do NOT park in the fire lanes as you will be towed). If lot is full, park in the High Street Baptist lot and walk over on sidewalk.
· Is there a cost to get into the meet? Yes, it has been $3 traditionally, or you can buy a pass for all sports at the school (the pass does NOT get you in to out of town meets).
· Is the meet order always the same? Yes, the event order is always the same.
· What does it mean on the schedule when there are two times listed? The earlier time listed is the time for diving (which is listed as event 6, but is completed prior to swimming. There is a short break in the meet where event 6 would have been). Etiquette during diving is for phones to be on silent, no loud talking or clomping up and down the stairs.
· Will I have to time at a meet? When we host a meet, we are providing timers as a back up to the electronic timing system. This is not difficult and is actually a great place to view the meet. We try to get the boys team to help with timing needs when possible.
· How do I know what my son is swimming? In the past, Coach Hill has allowed the boys to pick the events they will swim at a meet-this is subject to change. There is a heat sheet available at each meet (free at smaller meets, for sale by hosting team at larger meets).
· Will my son swim at every meet? Not every boy will swim every meet. Some of the larger meets and out of town meets are based on qualifying times. Coach Hill will let the swimmers know if they are swimming at those meets.