2019-2020 Preseason Information
LHS has partnered with Dragonfly Max to automate the management of required athletic health forms. Go to https://max.dragonflyathletics.com/ to setup your account. The code for Lakeside High School is YPDBBB. In the dragonfly site, you will be able to upload your completed physical and electronically sign the additional required forms.
Required forms: need to be submitted before tryouts or ANY practice with the team
- Pre-participation sports physical - (click here for blank copy to take to physician)
- GHSA Heat and Humidity Policy
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form
- Concussion Awareness Form
- Insurance card
Conditioning Week - October 15–18 from 3:20 - 4:30pm
The pool will be open for conditioning from 3:20-4:30pm each day (Tuesday through Friday) the week before tryouts. Swimmers who do not swim year-round for a club are strongly encouraged to attend the conditioning practices to help prepare them for the tryouts. All athletes must wear appropriate swim attire to each practice and bring a water bottle.
Swim team tryouts will be held on October 21st and 22nd. Choose from 4 time slots:
- October 21, 6:30 - 7:45am OR 3:20 - 4:30pm
- October 22, 6:30 - 7:45am OR 3:20 - 4:30pm
Dive team tryout will be October 22 from 3:20-4:30pm.
Sign up for your tryout spot here by Monday, Oct. 7th to guarantee team t-shirt. (Limited extras/sizes of t-shirt will be available for those who sign up after Oct. 7th). Athletes must sign up to tryout ahead of time and may not just show up!
What to expect at tryouts . . .
Swim: Please be on time, athletes arriving late may not be able to participate in the tryout session. There are multiple tryout sessions - swimmers may attend more than one tryout, if they wish to improve their times.
- Girls must swim 50 yards Freestyle in 33 seconds and boys must swim 50 yards Freestyle in 29 seconds.
- In addition, both girls and boys must complete a timed 500-yard swim.
Dive: Divers must possess the desire to train and learn dives, and some experience with diving in summer league or gymnastics is helpful. Most importantly, divers must be willing to commit to practice at least 4 practices per week, with most diving practices occurring at 6:30am on school days.
After Tryouts . . .
- The team roster will be posted outside the pool and at www.lhsfinclub.org on Wednesday following tryouts.
- All swimmers and divers making the team are invited to the Ice Cream Social at 3:30 that afternoon.
- A mandatory parent meeting will take place the same day, 7pm in the Media Center to go over information about how to register, order swimsuit, pay dues, etc.