Pre-Participation Mandatory Steps
Complete all the required athletic health forms in your DragonFly Max account -- This MUST be completed before tryouts or you will not be permitted to try out for the team.
- Upload your completed pre-participation physical (click here for a blank form to take to your physician)
- Complete and sign the additional required forms
For New Athletes - All Lakeside sports use the site DragonFly Max to confidentially manage the health of the athletes. If you do not yet have a DragonFly Max account, go to https://max.dragonflyathletics.com/ to set one up. The code for Lakeside High School is YPDBBB. Click here for additional directions on how to create your DragonFly account and complete the necessary documentation.
If our students do not abide by the following protocols during conditioning this week and moving forward, DCSD will shut down our swim and dive season.
* If you cannot make it on Wednesday and have a valid excuse - contact Coach Newmyer directly at [email protected]
* Dive tryouts will be on a different date – still TBD.
There are 2 sessions - one starting at 8am and one at 9am. Please check for your name on this SignUp Genius list (all who had previously signed up are still in the same assigned spot). If you need to switch sessions, you can do so on the signup.
Arrive by 7:45 for the 8am session and by 8:45 for the 9 am session. You will need remain either outside with a mask on or in your car until the previous session ends.
PLEASE follow these procedures:
1) Do not enter the pool until coaches conduct temperature checks. All athletes enter through the door in the bus lane (closest to the gymnasium).
2) When you enter the facility, go directly to your lane’s assigned seating area (see diagram below). Swimmers will sit socially distanced, with masks, in their designated area (based on assigned lane) until time for their swim.
3) Everyone must wear a mask the entire time except while in the water. Please bring a ziplock bag (with your name on it) to hold your mask while you are swimming. At the blocks, remove your mask before you jump in the pool, store in your bag & replace your mask immediately on exiting the water.
4) There is no warm up. Everyone swims 50 free and 50 of the stroke of your choice.
5) Arrive in your swimsuit and leave in your swimsuit. Locker rooms will not be utilized.
6) All athletes must be picked up PROMPTLY. All athletes will exit at the doors closest to North DeKalb Stadium.
7) If you feel ill in any way DO NOT COME TO TRYOUTS.