KISL Officials Training Resources
SPECIAL STATEMENT FOR 2020-2021 KISL SEASON ONLY
The 'normal' process for certification and recertification of officials for KISL meets has been modified to minimize potentially harmful gatherings of persons;
- All officials that were certified during the 2019-2020 season will have their certifications extended by one season, i.e. those expired 2/28/2020 will now expire 4/30/2021, those expiring 2/28/2021 will now expire 2/28/2022
- There will be no in-person officials clinics for the 2020-2021 season.
- While we will not be doing any KISL officials clinics, there are a set of clinic videos that were created for the GKAISA season last summer. While some of the details are not applicable to KISL, the basics of stroke judging and basic officiating are the same for KISL.
- New officials will need to successfully complete the applicable Stroke&Turn Judge, Starter, or Referee test below. The 2020 KISL Officials Clinic Handout (below) should be used to complete the test(s).
- It is recommended that all officials review the videos listed under USA Swimming Training Resources below
- It is hoped that we will be able to return to our 'normal' process for officials certification with the beginning of the 2021-2022 KISL season.
Currently Certified KISL Officials
KISL rules require that all persons serving as Referee, Starter, or Stroke & Turn Judge be certified by KISL in that position. To that end, KISL
holds a number of officials training clinics at the beginning of each season, and supports a testing facility for those wishing to be certified.
2020 KISL Officials Clinics Schedule - There are no currently scheduled clinics
In addition to clinic attendance the candidate must successfully complete the certification test for the position(s) they wish to be certified for. Below are the KISL Officials Clinic Handout and the tests for Referee, Starter and Stroke & Turn Judge. It is suggested that the candidate first download and complete the written test, then transfer their answers to the online test. Click on the "Online Test Link" and you will be transferred to the appropriate test. Once you complete the online test you will immediately see your results, please print this page for your records, Within a day or two, your name will be added to the list of certified officials that may be viewed by clicking on the 'High School' tab.
Persons currently certified as Referee, Starter or Stroke&Turn Judge by either USA Swimming or GKAISA may be qualified for certification as a KISL official. Those persons should contact Tom Schumann ([email protected] or 865.806.2150) to determine whether special certification requirements may apply.
2020 KISL Officials Clinic Handout
KISL Officials Certification Tests
Referee Certification Test Online Test Link Download Written Test
Starter Certification Test Online Test Link Download Written Test
Stroke & Turn Certification Test Online Test Link Download Written Test
GKAISA Officials Clinic Training Videos
USA Swimming Training Resources
NFHS Training Resources
2019-20 Best Practices - Disability Swimming & Diving
2020-21 Best Practices - Finish Rules
2020-21 - Uniform Rules
2020-21 - Comments on Rules
2020-21 - Points of Emphasis
2020-21 NFHS Swimming Officials Guidelines Manual
2020-21 NFHS Diving Officials Guidelines Manual