New Swimmer Evaluations
What is New Swimmer Evaluation?
- This evaluation is NOT a Swim Team tryout, it's so that the coaches can obtain times and/or experience level for appropriate lane placement during the first few weeks of practice. It's also an opportunity to have the coaches meet your child!
- Strokes to be evaluated included freestyle (crawl) and backstroke. If your child can swim breast stroke and butterfly, he/she will be asked to swim those strokes. A short warm-up will be included.
If your swimmer cannot display that they meet the minimum team requirements at this evaluation, they will not be able to swim on the team and their registration fee (less a $15 non refundable processing fee) will be refunded.
When is New Swimmer Evaluation?
A 2019 Swimmer Evaluation Date will held on Thursday, May 30th from 5:00-7:00. All Swim Evaluations will occur at the LMT Competition Pool
Please come at any time during the above timeframe (but not after 6:30pm). We will take swimmers in the order they arrive.
Who should attend New Swimmer Evaluation?
Any new swim team member ages 6-18 yrs meeting the minimum requirements of the swim team as follows:
- Completing one length of a 25 meter pool crawl stroke, unassisted. Crawl stroke is a racing stroke in which the swimmer propels across the pool flat on his stomach, face in the water (except while taking a breath), using alternating overhand strokes, while legs are moved up and down at the same time alternately. (Freestyle, not perfectly!)
- Completing one length of a 25 yard pool on their backs, unassisted. (Not perfectly!)
- 5 year olds will be considered for membership if they can complete the above requirements as well as have a maturity level appropriate for team membership.
*If your child has swam on another competitive swim team in the past year and attended at least a few meets, you do not need to attend an evaluation session IF you agree to email Coach Kathryn your child's best times in all strokes and distances prior to May 15th.
Do you need to register your child for the Swim Team in order to attend the New Swimmer Evaluation?
Do you need to register your child for New Swimmer Evaluation?
- Parents: Do not register your child if he/she is not comfortable with the minimum requirements listed above.
- There is no evaluation session for new members of the dive team.