The LMT Swim & dive team NEEDS officials so we are holding a New Officials Training Clinic for Stroke and Turn Judge.
Please join us at :
Remember, attendance at this training session counts towards your required dual meet volunteer jobs!
Once you attend this session and shadow an official for 2 meets, you will be certified to be an LBSL official! Annual recertification (training class) is required unless you are YMCA or USA certified.
Benefits of Becoming an Official
1. Help support an excellent sport for children and promote a healthy lifestyle for children.
2. Gain a more thorough understanding of swimming in particular, and sports in general.
3. Fulfill your volunteer obligations at dual meets.
4. Get closer to the action; know what’s happening on deck with the “best seat” at the pool.
5. Get mentally and physically engaged during the meet rather than merely “spectating.”
Age: Minimum of 18 years
Attire: Solid navy blue skirt, shorts or pants, white collared shirt and white shoes.
Attitude: Positive attitude, willingness to volunteer, and dedication.
Certification: Annual certification needed unless official is YMCA or USA certified.
Next Step...a Promotion!
After two years as a certified Stroke and Turn Judge, an Official may seek advancement to certification as a Starter. Starter trainees will shadow an existing LBSL Starter for at least 2 meets prior to completing their training.
PIAA, USA and Y certified officials are automatically certified for LBSL and are not required to attend a clinic. I have a list of USA certified officials from Middle Atlantic. Stroke & Turn certification cards are required to be presented.
For more information, please email [email protected]