2022 Midlakes-specific SafeSport/SafeKids requirements
Midlakes Swim & Dive is committed to ensuring all participants have a fun and safe environment to compete. Participant safety is our priority and this agreement serves as a proactive measure to protect all participants from inappropriate behaviors.
Therefore, in order to be eligible to participate in the 2022 Midlakes Swim & Dive season, all parents and participants must agree to the following terms.
This form (linked here for download) should be included with all Midlakes registrations. Each club and meet officials (during meets) will be responsible for ensuring the steps in this form are followed.
- Physical, mental, and verbal abuse of any of the participants, coaches, managers, employees, parents, and volunteers involved in our sponsored activities is not permitted.
- Inappropriate touching of any kind is forbidden.
- There will be more than one adult working at or overseeing every activity. If a child needs special attention (one-on-one training or an individual meeting), it will be handled with the assistance or presence of another adult.
- Coaches/trainers should not ride alone with a child or participant in the car. Procedures will be established by each club for coaches to follow in the event a participant is stranded at an activity.
- Photographs from behind swimming blocks or that exhibit a child climbing out of the swimming pool are not permitted (note: smartphone apps may be used for timing purposes only when photo capabilities are disabled).
- Phones and photography are prohibited in locker‐rooms and/or bathrooms.
- Action shots are to be a celebration of the sporting activity and not a sexualized image in a sporting context.
- Action shots cannot be taken or retained where the photograph reveals a torn or displaced swimsuit.
- All parents, swimmers, and participants agree to take SafeSport training in order to be eligible for the Midlakes Swim & Dive 2022 season.
- Free, age-appropriate trainings are available online through the U.S. Center for SafeSport. Each club has a club-specific link and enrollment key to access all SafeSport Training. Trainings must take place before the first practice of the season.
Please sign the linked form acknowledging agreement to the Midlakes Swim & Dive terms and requirements as an eligibility requirement for the Midlakes Swim & Dive League.