Dual Meet Information
We will have 6 dual meets this season (3 Away & 3 Home)
Each meet is scored as follows:
1st Place= 5 Points
2nd Place= 3 Points
3rd Place = 1 Point
1st Place = 7 Points
Only live heats are scored; exhibition heats are not.
All dual meets (home or away) start at 6:15 pm
All swimmers should be at the (home or away) pool between 5:00pm and 5:15pm.
At home meets, we ask that swimmers and parents arrive at 5:00pm to help get the pool ready for the meet.
Home team warms up first (5:30-5:45); visiting team second (5:45-6:00)
(Swimmers should always be at the appropriate pool 15 minutes BEFORE we warm up)
Events always proceed in the same order:
5. Freestyle Relays
Events begin with 8 & Under girls then 8 & Under boys and through the age group alternating girl-boy.
Exhibition heats will be after the live heat in each stroke/age.
Freestyle Relays are made up of 4 swimmers who swim consecutively as a team.
Each swimmer is limited to swimming 3 events per meet.
Swimmers are divided into 5 age groups according to the swimmers on June 1st of the current season. Age groups are: 8 & Under, 10 & Under, 12 & Under, 14 & Under and Open (15-18)
The 8 & Under and 10 & Under age groups swim 25 meters (1 length) for each race.
The 12 & Under, 14 & Under and Open age groups swim 50 Meters (2 lengths) for each race.
The following items are recommended for your swimmer to bring to meets
- Team Suit
- Team Cap
- Several towels
- Drinks (water or sports drinks recommended)
- Folding Chair (for parents if not working the meet)
Most meets do have snacks and drinks available to purchase.
Conduct at the Dual Meets
- Whenever and wherever a swimmer wears any item of the team uniform the individual should remember that his/her actions and words reflect on the team they represent and they should behave accordingly. Let your actions reflect the pride you have in the East Cocalico Swim Team!!
- As a matter if courtesy to the officials and meets hosts, parents MUST stay off the deck and competition venue unless they are competing or serving in and official capacity. Parents may sit beside the deck to cheer swimmers and offer encouragement. Please be advised that small children must stay with the parents.
- All questions swimmers or parents may have concerning meet results, an officiating call, or the conduct of a meet should be referred to the coaching staff ONLY. If appropriate, the coach will pursue the matter through the proper channels.
- As a matter of pride, leave the pool area in a neat and clean condition at the conclusion of the meet.
- Team members are never to scratch or late enter an event without first consulting one of the coaches. ONLY a coach may scratch or enter a swimmer.
- ONLY a coach may approach the scoring table to make inquiries about the meet.