Before joining our team, your swimmer should already be able to:
- Swim a full 25 meters freestyle without stopping or holding on to the lanelines or side.
- Swimming freestyle involves swimming continuously while demonstrating breath control (rhythmic breathing- breathing to the side), alternating forward arm motion while using a support flutter kicking motion.
- Have some experience floating on his/her back and be able to perform the basic mechanics of backstroke.
- Be capable of treading water with confidence in the deep end of the pool.
- If they have taken SwimAmerica lessons, the swimmer should have completed up through Level 6.
- During our preseason indoor practices at HARC, we will be using this criteria to determine new swimmer eligibility.
- If at that time we feel your swimmer does not meet this criteria, swimming lessons will be recommended in place of swim team until which time the swimmer can complete the requirements.