HALLOWELL HURRICANES 2020
We’re excited to offer a Swim Clinic this summer! This will be different from a regular season and is only open to current members of the team. Here is some general information to help you decide if you want to participate:
· Practices will be 40-50 minutes long (depending on the number of participants) and limited to 16 swimmers, 8 in the water and 8 on the deck. Swimmers will rotate so everyone gets in the water stroke work and dryland exercises.
· We can only offer morning practices. Once registration is complete, swimmers will be assigned a practice time between 7:30-10:30.
· We are offering 2 three-week sessions. Session 1 runs from July 6 – July 24. Session 2 runs from July 27 – August 14. Swimmers can register for one or both sessions. The cost is $120 per swimmer for a session or $200 per swimmer for both sessions.
· Families that live outside of Hallowell (including Lake Hallowell residents) will need to pay an additional $100 fee that goes to the Hallowell HOA. The HOA is hopeful to accept outside memberships once they analyze pool capacity usage by resident members in the opening week. If they end up offering outside pool memberships and your family decides to join the pool, the amount you paid will be applied to the pro-rated membership cost of $275.
· Only competent swimmers can participate since no coaches will be in the water. Swimmers must be able to swim proficiently (minimum of freestyle with rhythmic breathing and backstroke).
· There will be many COVID-19 protocols in place, including but not limited to:
-Swimmers will enter and exit through the gate. They should remain in their cars until invited in by the coaches. There will be a short break between practices to allow transition time.
-Masks will be worn by coaches and swimmers.
-Swimmers will be assigned a lane and a dryland location. They must wear masks into the pool facility and keep them on except when they are in their assigned spot.
-Swimmers should arrive ready to enter the water with suits, caps, and goggles.
-Swimmers should bring their own water bottles, no water fountains will be available.
-Bathroom use is limited to one swimmer at a time; no showers or changing at the pool.
-Swimmers may not socialize within the pool enclosure before or after practice. You will need to exit quickly so the next group of swimmers can enter safely.
-Parents MUST remain in the parking lot and we ask that you do not congregate around the fence. Anyone dropping off for practice MUST arrive early for pick-up.
-Based on current county protocols, only 1 swimmer per lane. If guidelines change to allow 2 swimmers per lane, they will always stop at opposite ends of the pool
**Registration is now OPEN**
Use the green registration link on the team's homepage to register your swimmers today. Please register for Session 1 no later than Friday, July 3rd so coaches have time to make the groups and notify swimmers of their assigned clinic times.