Gator Virtual Banquet
To all our amazing Gator families, thank you for sharing your swimmers with us during this unique season. We appreciate your trust in our Board members and Coaches as we adapted the season to ensure your kids were safe and still had fun in the water.
While it was heart-breaking to not see our families poolside cheering swimmers on and kids playing and eating junk food under the tents during meets, we are proud of our amazing coaches for creating as much of a season for our swimmers as they did. The Gators are a special team with extraordinary heart which is demonstrated daily by our coaches. Thank you to Courtney, Henry, Evan, Jaden and Abbey for dedicating your time to our team and these kiddos. You are amazing role models!
Last, thank you to our amazing parents for getting your swimmers to early morning practices and helping us create these 2020 memories for our Gators. Gator Spirit runs deep and this unique season really shows it!
Gator Banquet Link
Time Trial Results
6/26/2020 Time Trial Results
7/10/2020 Time Trial Results
7/24/2020 Time Trial Results
Gator Swim League Under 2020 COVID Guidelines
Swimmers should absolutely not attend if
- they have a temperature over 100F
- they are ill or anyone in their household is ill
- they are demonstrating any symptoms of Covid-19 or are known to have been exposed to Covid-19.
Families will sign a Covid-19-related liability waiver to participate in the swim league.
Arrival and sign in procedures
- Swimmers will line up at 6-foot distance from each other starting at the pool gate and space out along the exterior fence by the tennis courts wrapping around the south fence if necessary. The fence has been marked with blue tape flags indicating safe distancing.
- Swimmers will use hand sanitizer upon entering the gate to the pool.
- Each child’s temperature will be measured at check-in by a masked coach.
- If a child’s temperature is measured above 100°F they will not be permitted to participate in practice and will be sent home. Following the documentation of an elevated temperature or notification of a sick child, current state guidelines will be followed regarding reporting to the other participants in the age group. An elevated temperature in combination with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 may require isolation, including an extended absence from practice, and/or a negative COVID-19 test to return to practice. A swimmer who had an elevated temperature but did not experience symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should have their temperature measured at home and logged daily until a normal temperature without the use of fever-reducing medications has been documented for 3 days.
- The first swim group (13-18s) will enter by walking along the tennis court fence to place their personal belongings in the west side grass under the blue tents, keeping a 6-foot distance from other swimmers, then proceed to the starting block area for lane assignments. When practice is finished, they will exit the west end of the pool, collect their belongings, and depart the pool along the tennis court fence and through the east gate. Caution will be taken to alternate and keep social distance from the next swimmers arriving. (Diagram below)
- The second swim group (11-12s) will arrive, check in as noted above, and proceed along the east end of the pool to set up between the kiddie pool and diving board. They will keep a 6-foot distance from each other, leave their personal belongings between the kiddie pool and diving board, and await lane assignments from the lifeguards. When practice is finished, swimmers will depart the pool past the kiddie pool and then along the east side through the east gate. Caution will be taken to alternate and keep social distance from the next swimmers arriving. (Diagram below)
- The third swim group (9-10s) will arrive, check in as noted above, and proceed along the tennis court fence to place their personal belongings in the west grass area under the blue tents, keeping a 6-foot distance from other swimmers. When ready to swim, swimmers will proceed to the west end of the pool for lane assignments while keeping a social distance from other swimmers. When practice is finished, they will exit the west end of the pool, collect their belongings, and depart the pool by walking along the tennis courts and through the east gate. (Diagram below)
The fourth swim group (8+U) will arrive, check in as noted above, and proceed along the east end of the pool to set up between the kiddie pool and diving board. They will keep a 6-foot distance from each other, leave their personal belongings in the area between the kiddie pool and diving board, and await lane assignments from the lifeguards. When practice is finished, this group will collect their belongings and exit along the east fence and through the east gate.
Lap Swim Procedures
- SGCC can accommodate up to 50 people MAX at a time as an outdoor space. Based on enrollment and pool time, lap swim will follow the USA Swimming guidelines attached below for 18 swimmers in lanes.
- Attendance times for age groups will be as follows, allowing a 10-minute break in between for swimmers to arrive and leave without close contact:
- 6:15-7:00 am will be 13-18 year olds (arrive at 6 am, in water at 6:15 am)
- 7:10-7:55 am will be 11-12 year olds (arrive at 7 am)
- 8:05-8:50 am will be 9-10 year olds (arrive at 7:55 am)
- 9:00-9:45 am will be <8 year olds (arrive at 8:50 am)
- Swimmers should arrive 10 minutes before their practice time for lane assignments and a practice plan meeting. Small traffic cones with 6 feet of space between them are provided to mark appropriate distance for gathering for the meeting.
- This summer due to the COVID rules in place for contact tracing and consistent grouping, we can't allow swimmers to attend an age group practice that is not their own.
- Age-group practice times are subject to change based on enrollment.
- Lifeguards will maintain spacing in the lanes with staggered starts, placing swimmers on opposite ends, and using the deep end for starts and turns, and when necessary, dry-land exercises.
- We will not have swim meets.
- This summer due to the COVID rules in place we cannot accommodate swimmers who cannot easily swim one length of the pool as lifeguards may not physically correct form or enter the water with beginner swimmers for one-on-one coaching. We reserve the right to re-evaluate swimmer enrollment with parents based on swimmer skill level to ensure coach and swimmer safety.
- Swimmers who cannot maintain social distancing guidelines on their own without their parents' oversight should not be registered this year for the safety of our lifeguards and other swimmers.
- Swimmers need to exhibit a serious and good-faith effort at social distancing during all practices. We reserve the right to re-evaluate swimmer enrollment with parents based on swimmer maturity level.
- Swimmers will enter and exit the water out of the edges of the pools instead of using the ladders as much as possible and avoid touching lane ropes to reduce contact points.
- Swimmers will not share caps, goggles, towels, water bottles, food or other personal belongings with other swimmers. Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle. Do not assist others with caps, goggles, etc.
- All personal belongings need to be labeled with swimmer’s name and be kept in one spot.
- Swimmers will not have to wear a mask during outdoor training.
- Swimmers will be offered hand sanitizer upon exiting the pool gate.
Pickup and Dropoff Procedures
The number of people who may gather is strictly limited by state and county rules, so:
- Please pick up and drop off promptly. Swimmers should arrive ready to swim and leave in their swimsuit.
- Parents, sitters, etc. will not remain in the pool area. If you prefer to stay, please proceed to the parking lot, avoid congregating near the gate, and follow current club recommendations on masks.
- The gate entrance is a high-traffic area so we encourage any parents/guardians approaching the gate for drop-off to wear masks as they may come in closer contact with other kids and parents.
- At pickup times, swimmers are encouraged to move along the tennis area grass inside the perimeter fence to locate parents before exiting rather than entering the parking lot right away or congregating near the next group of swimmers checking in.
- No siblings may be left unattended. Those who are not actively participating in swim conditioning need to leave the space.
- Restrooms will open for handwashing and urgent situations only. Showers and the Club lobby will not be available.
- Communication with coaches via email is preferred to maintain social distancing and avoid gathering on the pool deck. A time can be scheduled for a face to face if necessary via email.
- At the end of each session, lifeguards will sanitize pool step ladders, diving boards if used, starting blocks, etc. At the end of swim league, bathrooms will be sanitized according to SGCC procedures.