Volunteer Sign-ups Begin Tuesday, March 20 at 7p.m. and will remain open until Friday, March 30, 2018.
During this time, each family must sign up for Six (6) shifts (points) throughout the dual meet season, including at least one Timing shift. This includes Time Trials but not All-Stars and Champs.
All families, regardless of participation in dual meets, are expected to fulfill this volunteer commitment. Fulfilling your family’s required volunteer shifts is essential a smooth running season.
After the sign-up period closes on March 30, 2018, if your family has not signed up for any, or all required shifts, we will reach out to the family and assign an open position.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
- Go to the Scott Valley Sea Serpents Webpage
- Make sure that you are logged in.
- Click on the ‘Swim Meets’ or ‘Team Function’ tab in the center of the home page.
- You will see a list of our Swim Meets and Team Functions.
- To the right of each meet or function you will see a ‘job signup’ button.
- To sign up for a job at that meet or at that team function click on the ‘job signup’ button and you will be taken to the list of jobs available on that day.
- There are many positions at home meets and not as many at away meets.
- You need to sign up for a given job on that specific day
- Swim Event shift times are approximate.
- Shift 1 volunteer timing = Medley Relay through Backstroke.
- Shift 2 volunteer timing = Breaststroke through Free Relay.
- The lead coordinator assigned to your job will give you a better indication of timing for each meet.
- For each job shift there is a ‘point’ value listed. This is the number of shifts that job fulfills.
- You will receive an email confirmation of the jobs you have signed up for. And a reminder leading up to your job.
Participation of every family is essential to the success of the season. However, if you choose to not fulfill the volunteer commitment to the team, you can pay a non-working fee of $450. Please note that the Non-Working Fee does not apply to the All Star and Championship meets. All families participating in the Champs meet must work a shift, and parents are expected to help out if their swimmer participates in the All Star meet.
If you have chosen to not fulfill your Volunteer commitment, please contact SVSS volunteer lead, Laura Spence, to arrange for payment when exercising this option.
**Families who have not signed up for all positions, or paid the non-working fee, will not be able to enter their swimmer to compete in dual meets until this is resolved.**
Any questions, please email the volunteer coordinators Laura Spence or Vyvianne Kiriakis