Competitive vs. Non-Competitive
Welcome to the 2020 Rio Rapids swim season! We are offering the opportunity again this year for families to have options that will be sure to provide your family the amount of swimming and flexibility that is right for you.
As always, our classic registration package offers your swimmer the competitive track to swim in all meets and events and our Championship meet in at the fast Roseville Aquatic Center pool on July 25-26. The details include:
- Daily swim practices from April through July with the same cost of $290 (plus the 15$ league fee).
- As this is competitive swim team, your Rapids coaches maintain swimmer expectations to attend most meets and championships on July 25th and 26th in Roseville CA, at the Summer Sanders Aquatic Center
- This involvement will be sure to improve your swimmer’s skills, meet new friends for life and have a fun and active summer at the pool.
- Parent requirements remain at 10 parent volunteer shifts plus 2 additional shift during Championship weekend.
(Incomplete shifts cost 50$ per shift, however there are hundreds of opportunities to get your shifts in to help your swimmer and help our team become a better, stronger, faster program!)
If it looks like a Competitive Rapids season isn’t in the cards this summer, please consider our non-competitive Track. Here, you are offered all the benefits of our amazing Rapids coaching staff and a taste of swim team life, without swim meet and championship commitments:
Session 1- April and May $350 for daily swim practices.
Session 2 - June and July Cost $300 for daily swim practices through Championships.
· Swimmer expectation is to be able to participate in any and all Rapids practices and events, improve your skills, meet friends for life and have fun!
· As your swimmer is not eligible to swim in meets, there are NO parent volunteer requirements.
· Before June 15th, your swimmer has the option to move to the Competitive Track, with no additional charges except the $15 league fee which is required to participate in meets.
· Parent will also then be responsible for volunteer shifts but they will be prorated.
We are beyond excited to offer these two tailored programs for our Rapids families. If you have any questions or would like to more information about the programs, please contact Coach Richard at [email protected]. See you in the pool!