Please view COVID 19 Guidance For Parents / Swimmers (PDF)
Goals of the Clinics
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety
- Provide an opportunity to return to the water
- Build / Re-Build stroke mechanics
- Build / Re-Build conditioning
- Make progress, regardless of previous experience.
- Swim in a positive environment
- Dates: Month-to-Month
- Location: Whitney High School pool
- Cost: Based on age and average length of practice time
- Times: Groups will run at various start times which will vary based on pool availability.
Clinics: The Answers to your Questions
1. Who is eligible to register?
- All returning RST members can register when registration opens. New swimmers will need to be assessed and approved for a group assignment. Contact [email protected] to sign up for an assessment time.
2. When will the practice times be? And how will they be decided?
- Practices will be held, Monday through Friday, with times varying based on pool availability.
- Practice times and practice lengths will be determined based on age, ability, and program capacity.
- Even though the registration set up appears to be based on ages, we will still assign swimmers into groups that cross those age limits. They are just there as guidelines and to provide the most fair cost:participation ratios as possible.
- We will do our best to schedule siblings "together". But again, we will not guarantee your children will practice in similar time slots.
3. What if my child is placed in a group that doesn't meet their needs?
- The coaching staff will evaluate the initial groups once they begin. Adjustments are expected, and will be made at the discretion of the coaching staff. Please allow time for the process to work, our coaches don't want your child in the wrong group any more than you do.
- Please refer back to the top of the page where our goals are listed.
4. How often do swimmers have to practice?
- We will offer practices Monday through Friday. There is no minimum attendance requirement.
5. What is the refund policy?
- No refunds will be issued once your swimmer has begun clinics, for the month they are participating.
- 5 day notice will be required to stop payments prior to each monthly billing cycle which is the 1st of every month, if a swimmer desires to discontinue clinics.
6. My swimmer previously swam in a particular group and had a particular coach...will they be with the same group and coach during this session?
- Not necessarily. Due to the guidelines we will be following, we simply can't have things "return to what we were doing before". Your child may not swim with their "normal" coach, or swim with their "normal" group.
- Things are not "normal" right now. These clinics will be different from our team programs. But different doesn't mean worse. We are looking at this as an opportunity to create something better for the future.
- We simply do not have enough time & space to separate every group according to the program each returning swimmer may have been registered with prior to the COVID shutdowns.
7. Is there a parent participation requirement?
8. What equipment will my swimmer need for practices?
- Appropriate "competition-style" swim suit (not "board shorts" or "fashion" suits).
- Swim caps for anyone with hair that can cover their eyes
- We are asking that every swimmer has their own swim fins by the end of their first week of participation. They can not share them, and we can not loan any of our spares if they leave them at home.
- Equipment will be minimal in an effort to reduce contact points which could potentially be a health risk.
- Drinking fountains will be off-limits, so swimmers need to bring their own beverage to the pool. Again, not to be shared with anyone else.
9. Who will be coaching these groups?
- RST Coaching Staff will be running this clinic (along with some exciting new additions).