Criteria for the Blue Dolphin Award
The person who receives the Blue Dolphin award at the end of the season exemplifies the following criteria a step above the rest:
- Sportsmanship – appropriate team interactions with own team and opposing opponents. Cheers on everyone, throughout all heats.
- Dedication – self advocate of asking what should I improve on my swimming. Always gives 110% in each race that they swim.
- Team Player – Doesn’t complain about events that they are or aren’t swimming. Always willing to help out when asked to fill in when needed.
- Cheerful- Doesn’t let a bad day affect themselves or others during meets or at practices. The attitude they show is always positive and upbeat.
- Performance – Significant amount of improvements over the course of the season (time drops). Always gives 110% at whatever they do.
- Attendance – present at all swim meets that they were signed up to participate in and swam all events that they were placed in.