Hunter Mill Swim Team Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- All coaches will wear masks during practices at all times when instructor is within 15 feet of swimmers or other coaches.
- All swimmers will wear masks entering and exiting the facility, on deck and waiting for swim practice while on club property
* Exceptions will be made for swimmers with conditions that prohibit them from wearing a mask pending medical documentation.
- All coaches are required to have Hand Sanitizer & Cleaning products available (provided by Hunter Mill)
- All coaches will check their temperature before arrival at the pool.
* Coaches with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be sent home.
Social distancing requirements:
- Swimmers and coaches must maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
- Once swimmers enter the pool area, they will go to their designated area and await instructions from their coach.
- Swim Team will enter and exit using the gate on the pool deck. We will not go through the club house.
- Locker rooms will be limited to emergency restroom use only.
* All common areas, including restrooms, will be disinfected between Practices and Stations.
- The facility will be wiped down following each practice with an additional thorough cleaning at the end of swim team practice before the pool is opened for members.
- Swimmer must arrive and depart in their swimsuit.
* Athletes will not be able to change or shower at the facility.
- Swimmer will only be permitted to line up to enter the pool area no sooner than 5 minutes before their scheduled practice time.
- If they arrive early, they should wait in their car, or outside the fence, until the appropriate time to enter the facility.
- Athletes must leave the facility immediately at the completion of any practice.
- Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the facility at any time, and are expected to practice social distancing while waiting for their athlete.
- Swimmers should bring their own water bottle (already filled) and any other equipment required by their coach, to include fins, kick board, and goggles. There will be no water fountains available for use and no equipment to borrow.
- Swimmers are required to certify via Sparrow.org (Health Check) link up to 4 hours prior to practice daily. They will need to show their status check to the coach when they check in for practice.
- Swimmers are required to take their temperatures before coming to practice. Anything over 100.4 should be considered as ill and child should not come to practice.
- Criteria that must be met by athlete and anyone residing in their household in order to be eligible to attend practice:
- Cannot have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Cannot have had a temperature over 100.4 degrees, a cough, or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days.
- Cannot have traveled 100 miles or by air in the last 14 days.
- Any swimmer or staff member experiencing any symptoms of a fever, recent cough, unusual fatigue, headache or has had any exposure to someone who has any symptoms should remain at home and seek medical treatment.
- If any athlete or staff member has a fever or symptoms of illnesses, they may not attend practice until 14 days after the fever or symptoms has ceased.
- Athletes and staff must see a physician and be cleared for training after being diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19.
- In order for all of us to stay healthy and be able to keep swimming, we ask our swimmers to please practice responsible social distancing when they are away from the pool.
- Should the staff feel anyone is consistently not adhering to social distancing guidelines, they or their family’s participation in Hunter Mill Swim Team activities may be suspended.
Positive test procedure:
- Should someone test positive for COVID-19 within the membership, the following measures will take place:
- The individual should let the staff know immediately.
- The facility will be shut down for no less than 24 hours to deep clean
- Notification procedures recommended by the CDC will be activated for all members who need to be notified.
- Should we have more than one positive case within a group, Hunter Mill will stop practice within that group for the recommended time