Swim Team Requirements:
- Swimmers are required to certify via Sparrow.org (Health Check) link up to 4 hours prior to practice daily. They will need to show their status check when they check in for practice.
- Swimmers are required to take temperatures before coming to practice. Anything over 100.4 should be considered as ill and child should not come to practice.
- All swimmers must arrive in swimsuits, ready to swim. No one will be utilizing the locker rooms to change clothes or shower.
- No borrowing equipment; swimmers required to bring their own kickboards and fins.
- Swimmers must enter/exit through gate to minimize contact with bathrooms.
- Swimmers will leave bags in the designated areas by the fence. No touching any chairs. Carry equipment (fins, kickboards, googles) to assigned lane.
- No water faucets will be available; all athletes must bring filled water bottles.
- Bathrooms can be used but swimmers are asked to wipe down all surfaces. Swimmer entering a bathroom will be handed a Clorox wipe.
- The COVID-19 Waiver must be signed prior to 1st practice.
- Swimmers in next practice session will wait outside fence, social distanced, until their time slot and swimmers in the practice before theirs have exited.
- Swimmers should not arrive more than 5 minutes before their designated swim time.
Swim Team Planning Information 2020:
- Only kids 9+ who are able to swim laps independently will be able to register during Phase 2.
- Christine must approve swimmers prior to participation in Phase 2 swim. All kids must be able to swim multiple laps to be on the team. Kids that cannot participate without a coach in the water will need to wait until Phase 3.
- There will be 3 practice slots per day. Coach Christine will assign your child to a practice. Your child will be assigned day/time slots by Christine; do not send swimmers on a day that they're not assigned a slot.
- Plan for 50 minutes of practice time with 10 minutes of transition time; The next swim group will stay outside the fence until called into their practice
- Plan for a minimum of 2 practice slots per child per week. Aim for 3 per/week.
- Practices will be held Monday through Friday in Phase 2. All 6 lanes will be used at each practice, with no more than 3 swimmers in each lane.
- Swimmers will work on endurance and swimming technique.
- There will be a max of 3 kids/lane, so 18 total in pool. May start with 2 per lane for 9-10 year olds.
- Kids will start on different ends of the pool to minimize closeness. Christine and Senior Coaches will instruct kids where they should go.
- Practice #1 kids must put backpacks/bags in designated spots near the pump house (the red building before the diving board)
- Practice #2 kids must put backpacks/bags in designated spots near the baby pool.
- Practice #3 kids must put backpacks/bags in designated spots near the pump house
- Everyone who enters the pool deck (including Christine, Senior coach, and Lifeguard-certified junior coach) will wear masks until they enter the pool. Non-swimmers will wear masks at all time while on deck.
- Possible coaching arrangement:
- 1st practice - Christine and 1 Senior Coach
- 2nd practice - Christine and 1 Senior Coach
- 3rd practice - Christine and 1-2 Senior Coaches (will depend on ability level of kids)
- No Junior Coaches during Phase 2, no coaches in the water
- Each child will check in with Coach Christine before practice, to facilitate any necessary contract tracing.
- Christine, Senior coach, and Junior coach all have the right to ask parents and swimmers to leave the pool in the case of non-compliance of the rules.
- Cleaning will be done between groups, and a 30 minute clean will be done after the 3 hours of practice.
- No meets or social events will be scheduled during Phase 2.
- No Parents are allowed on deck. Parents may sit outside the fenced area, socially distanced. NO HTM FURNITURE CAN USED