Fall Swim Team - Keep the good times going!
Head Coach Trevor Rose and Co-Head Coach Ross Dautel are here for the Fall Swim Program. The program will focus on: stroke technique, fast turns, breath control, race endurance, race education & development. Fall Swim is an excellent opportunity to work on races and distances not offered in the conventional OMPA setting. USA Swimming meet opportunities are available multiple times throughout the fall season, and timed swims are available for 12 and up swimmers throughout the season here at MVP!
- 5 days - $410
- 2 days - $300
- 10 weeks, Sept. 5th – Nov. 10th
Mon. - Thurs. Practice:
- 8& under: 3:45 - 4:30pm
- 9-11: 4:30 - 5:30pm
- 12&Up: 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Friday Practice:
- 8& under: 3:45 - 4:30
- 9& up: 4:30 - 5:45
***All 6 & under swimmers need to check in with Coach Trevor by email at (email@example.com) before signing up for Fall Swim. Swimmers & families new to swim team can meet with Coach Trevor to review the program and determine readiness.***
FALL SWIM MEETS
Fall swim meets are optional. If you choose to participate in meets, your swimmer must be registered with USA Swimming at a cost of $45.
Instructions on how to sign up for USA Swimming:
- Please go to www.pacswim.org
- Click on documents
- Click on forms
- Click on Registration & Membership
- Click on Fall season athlete
- There is a place on the registration form (Name of Club that you represent). You will fill in “UA”, which stands for unattached.
This will bring you to a form. Please print the form and mail to the address shown with a payment of $45 per swimmer.
You may not receive your registration card until sometime after the fall swim program is over. You may still compete at the meets without the registration card, just click the registration pending button when signing up for the meets.
Once the athlete is in the database, they can verify their registration and print a copy of their registration card through Deck Pass. Deck Pass: www.usaswimming.org/deckpass
The four meets that MVP will be attending are as follows:
- Sept. 30 - Oct. 1: Alameda Island Aquatics C/B/BB+ Meet at the Soda Center
- Oct. 14 - Oct. 15: San Ramon Valley Aquatics C/B/BB+ Meet in San Ramon, CA
- Oct. 28 - Oct. 29: Livermore Aquacowboys C/B/BB+ Meet in Livermore, CA
- Nov. 11 - Nov. 12: Orinda Aquatics C/B/BB+ Meet at the Soda Center
The four meets above are the ones that Trevor & Ross will attend. The other meets will not have an MVP coach in attendance.
GENERAL MEET INFORMATION
- Swimmers are responsible for all meet entry fees: Pacific Fee: $8 splash/$4 per individual event
- Meets are Saturday & Sunday with different events offered each day. The meets start at 9:00 and run to about 3:00 each day. You can sign up for one day or both days. You may sign up for 3-4 events per day.
- Swimmer’s Age: At USA meets, swimmers compete at their current age of the day of the meet.
- USA recognized age groups: 8& under, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, and 17/18.
- Swimmers must be registered with USA Swimming. Register online at www.pacswim.org.
- You may ask Coach Trevor or Coach Ross to advise you on which events/times to enter for your swimmer.
- Register for meets online at ome.swimconnection.com.
- There is no guarantee of entry into a meet. Meets in Pacific Swimming are in high demand. The meets reach capacity quickly, sometimes in hours. It is critical to watch the website (www.pacswim.org), for meets entry availability and respond accordingly.
Questions? Please contact MVP Fall Swimming Coordinator, Marykay Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.