SAFETY/BEHAVIOR POLICY AND POOL RULES
Any child 8 years and younger must be supervised by an adult at all times or be checked into Legendland and under the supervision of Legendland counselors.
Children 9 years and older who are not supervised by an adult must pass a pool safety test and follow all club safety and behavior rules.
The Club Management, Lifeguards, Coaches and Staff have the responsibility and the authority to enforce these rules and to take disciplinary action as required if child is not following the rules. Members who observe a violation of the club rules are encouraged to report the violation to the Club Manager.
Depending on the severity of the violation, the following steps may be taken. For significant violations or repeat incidents of problematic behavior any of the consequences may be implemented at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
The child will be given an oral warning.
Second time, the child will be given a written warning, parents will be notified and asked to pick up their child who will be suspended for the day.
Third time, the situation will be referred to the Board of Directors for corrective action which may include that the child be accompanied by an adult when at the club for the remainder of the season or suspension and/or disenrollment from remaining weeks of Legendland.
Guests are welcome to the extent that they do not interfere with the pleasure and comfort of others. A member must accompany all guests. The daily guest rate is $5.00 for adults and children 2 years and older.
Please register all guests on the Daily Sign-In Sheet, outside the Lifeguard Office, and your account will be charged.
The pool staff will refuse admittance to any member or guest under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Pets are not allowed in the pool area and owners will be responsible for their immediate removal.
- Parties of 10 or more must be scheduled through the Pool Manager or General Manager.
Pool Safety Test Guidelines
Activity pool - Float on back for 15 seconds. Tread water for 20 seconds. Swim (any way possible - head up or down) from the steps to the ladder on opposite side of pool.
Competition Pool - Pass Activity pool swim test 1st - Float on back for 20 seconds. Tread water for 1 minute. Swim (any way possible - head up or down) from the deep end to the shallow end without stopping.
Water-slide - Must pass Activity pool swim test and follow any other manufacturer’s guidelines for age, height, weight, etc.
- No one with any infectious disease, fevers, cold, and/or inflamed eyes or wounds will be allowed in the pool.
- Showers are required before swimming.
- Toddlers must wear double swim diapers. Please see the lifeguards if you have a question.
- Glass containers of any kind are prohibited in the pool area and dressing rooms.
- State Board of Health rules will be enforced at all times.
- No running, except on the grass.
- Do not let children (or anyone) play in the bushes, plants, trees, or SH hill. (Snakes)
- No children in the lifeguard’s office.
- No Running up or down the concrete bleachers.
- No standing on chairs.
- Balls, games, and other deck equipment must be checked out from lifeguard office, must be used appropriately, and must be returned to the office.
- Use of deck equipment is at lifeguards’ discretion.
No sitting on shoulders.
No ball playing in any pool if potential for injury or annoyance.
No aggressive play.
No diving in at the shallow end
Starting blocks are to be used only when supervised by a trained swim team coach.
- Last 15 minutes of each hour OR Lifeguards’ discretion.
- Swimmers must be at least 18 years old.
- Parents can swim with another non-swimmer.
Use of Pool When No Lifeguard on Duty
Adults (18 years or older) and children 17 years or younger when supervised by an adult, may use the pool as long as they adhere to the following rules:
- Swim at your own risk.
- Pool covers must be completely removed.