Jim Coyne-Director of Tennis
Jim played his junior tennis in Ontario, eventually ending his intercollegiate career playing for the University of Nevada, Reno. During summer breaks from college he was a director at the Tennis at Mills program at Mills College in Oakland, which led to his position as the Director of Tennis at the Claremont Resort in Oakland. For 27 years he operated the pro shop and provided lessons and services from beginners to world famous celebrities. Most recently Jim was the Director of Junior Tennis for the USTA Northern California and through his efforts NorCal became a leader across the country in creative programming. In 2015, Jim was appointed Chairman of the USTA NorCal 10 & Under Committee. Jim has been the Director of Tennis at Sleepy Hollow Swim and Tennis Club since 2010.
Chris Aria-Tennis Professional
Chris competed in USTA NorCal and National junior tournaments throughout his youth. He was one of the top ranked juniors in Northern California and in the country.He attended St. Joseph High School in Alameda, where as the #1 player, he compiled a 40-0 dual match record and was named the St. Joseph “Athlete of the Decade”.... a title previously held by basketball alum, Jason Kidd.
- He played NCAA DI college tennis for UC Davis, where he was a standout player all four years.
- After college he competed on the Men’s Open Circuit, and quickly rose to the top, reaching the finals of 11 tournaments, and winning 5 titles.
- In 2013, the USTA NorCal ranked him the #1 Open Player
- He devotes his tennis to charity and is an Ambassador for both Susan G. Komen and St. Jude Children’s Hospital. He runs an annual pro-am charity event in Alameda called Rally for the Cure at Harbor Bay.To date, his efforts have raised over $30,000 for women and children suffering from cancer. Most recently, Chris led the Rally for Relief at Sleepy Hollow for the fire victims in the North Bay Counties - raising $15,000.
- Chris will be working with all ages and ability levels at the club.
Andy Combs – Tennis Professional
Andy joins the Sleepy Hollow Staff after 17 years working at Club Sport Valley Vista. He is certified by the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) and has coached many nationally ranked juniors.
- Played collegiate tennis for Dominican College in Marin
- Castlewood Country Club professional for 8 years
- Assistant professional at Diablo CC and Round Hill CC
Xaiver Manalo-Tennis Professional
Xavier played high school tennis at Head-Royce School in Oakland and Sunnyside High School in Fresno, where he reached the quarter-final round of the CIF Central Section Singles Championship in 2003. Xavier started teaching tennis as a camp counselor at the Head Royce School Summer Enrichment Program in 1996, continuing for a number of years. That early teaching experience was the foundation upon which he has built his skills in teaching children. Since then, he has been involved in coaching and teaching adults and children at a variety of tennis facilities in the Bay Area. He is currently a Tennis Professional at Sleepy Hollow Swim & Tennis Club.
Carolyn Wei-Tennis Professional
Carolyn enjoys coaching players of all ages, from young children to seniors, and at a spectrum of levels, from beginners to advanced players. Her goals are the same: to bring out the best in her students, enable them to have fun while learning, inspire them to want to keep playing, and to help them improve so they can enjoy the game over their own lifetime. PTR CERTIFIED TENNIS PROFESSIONAL
- · Net Generation certified provider.
- · USTA NorCal ranked junior.
- · Stanford University – played on the club team. Graduate in Computer Science
- · Claremont Resort Assistant Professional – worked with Jim.
- · USTA NorCal Zone Team Coach – 12’s, 14’s and 16’s
- · USTA NorCal – represented Team Northern California at the National & International Levels.
- · Harbor Bay Club – assisted Mike Bauer with junior program.