Group and private lessons: Sleepy Hollow offers group and private lessons year-round to children Ages 5 and up. Children who play tennis learn to problem solve, develop self-confidence, understand time management, become more disciplined, lead healthy lives, earn higher grades and leads to playing tennis in college at the competitive or club level.
· We follow the USTA’s Net Generation curriculum for all our group lessons for the 10 & Under age groups. Here’s the link to more info about Net Generation.
· Register on Team Unify for all junior group lesson programs. For private lessons, email the tennis department.
After School Classes
Classes are offered Monday through Friday, after school in the fall, winter and spring.
· Aces Program: for children ages 5 to 7 years of age, weekdays from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
· Novice Program: for children ages 7 to 10 years of age, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. For players able to rally with Orange ball, and able to keep score and understand basic doubles positioning.
· Intermediate Program: for children 8 to 13 years of age. Tuesday and/or Thursday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. For players able to rally with Green Ball, and know how to score and understand basic doubles strategy.
· High Performance and Advanced Program: for children competing in team tennis, tournament tennis or trying to make their high school team, Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
School Holiday Camps
· What: During Orinda/Moraga/Lafayette public school holidays, Sleepy Hollow offers a morning camp.
· Who: The camps are for children who have tennis experience either in our after school, summer, or other facilities junior tennis programs.
· Time: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Regular after school classes are cancelled.
· Cost: The cost varies from (a) daily options, to (b) multiple days.
Summer Tennis Camp
· 10% Discount when selecting the All Summer option. Discount deadline is May 15, 2018
· One-hour classes are held in the morning for the following age groups:
· Age group 5/6, 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM, Cost is $95/week or $650 for All Summer
· Age group 7/8, 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM, Cost is $95/week or $650 for All Summer
· Age group 9/10, 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM, Cost is $95/week or $650 for All Summer.
· Morning Camp - 11 and up, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM, Cost is $180/week or $1260 for All Summer
· Junior Team Camp, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Cost is $180/week or $1260 for All Summer.
· High Performance and Advanced Program, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
· One-week camps:
o August 6 – 10, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
o August 13 – 17, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
· Details and to register visit the summer tennis camp page on Team Unify.
· Program works cooperatively with the summer swim team schedule and Legendland.
Sleepy Hollow Junior Team Tennis
Our club believes team tennis is an ideal environment to give children an opportunity to start playing competitive tennis.
· Lamorinda Junior Team Tennis League
o Entry level league with Sleepy Hollow teams entered into the 10 & Under, 12 and Under and 13 and over divisions.
o The League has a summer, fall and spring season.
o The match schedule can be found on Top Dog Sports
o Please email the Tennis Department if you are interested in participating.
· USTA Junior Team Tennisoffers divisions at various ages and abilities. Sleepy Hollow has entered teams in the summer and fall seasons.
· Volunteer opportunities: we need parental help in managing team matches both at home and away. Please email the Tennis Department if you are interested in helping.
· Sleepy Hollow hosts USTA NorCal sanctioned junior tournament and USPTA Junior Tournaments. We are hosting junior tournaments on the following dates/times.
o April 21 – 22, all day – USTA NorCal Sanctioned Open Junior tournament
o May 5, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM – USTA Junior Team Tennis Tournament
o October 20 – 21, all day – USTA NorCal Sanctioned Open Junior Tournament
· Volunteer opportunities: We need your help for the above events, including the tournament desk, food set up, court set up, and court monitors. Please email the Tennis Department if you are interested in participating.