Old Orchard Swim Club - 2020 Covid Precautions
Below is a summary of the modifications to our normal procedures in light of the restrictions put in place by the New Jersey Health Department and the CDC. Please be advised that as restrictions are lifted we will update and modify this list:
- The club hours for the summer are posted on the site.
- Please follow the signs for entering and exiting the club. There will be a separate entrance and exit.
- If you have any symptoms or do not feel well, please do not come to the pool.
- All Members must check in at the checker stand before entering the pool in order to facilitate contact tracing. If your remain after practice, please ensure you check in.
- All members must bring their own chairs and tables. There will be no club tables or chairs available.
- The club will not provide any kickboards, noodles, or toys of any kind. These items will not be permitted to be shared this season; however, you may bring your own items mentioned above from home to be used as long as they remain with the member and are not shared. These items must be taken home every day.
- Pool staff will be cleaning the high-traffic areas once an hour during operating hours in addition to deep cleanings at the beginning and end of each day. All gate handles, pool and ladder railings,bathrooms, diving board, slide and playground equipment.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one family group at a time on a 1 in 1 out basis.
- Only family groups will be permitted to sit together. When socializing with non-family members chairs must be spaced out 6 feet apart.
- Face masks are required for check-in to the Club. Face masks are now required for everyone over the age of 2 at any time where you cannot maintain social distance outdoors and indoors. Masks are NOT to be worn in the water as it presents a drowning hazard.
- All lifeguards and staff will be screened prior to entering the facility that includes temperature readings.
- At the present time it is recommended that pools operate at a 50% capacity. With the size of the club property based on the calculations we do not foresee this being an issue based on our daily attendance in past years however we will closely monitor. This is why check in with the guard at the desk is essential.
- Foot coverings will be mandatory when in the restroom and outdoor shower area. Limited occupancy will be monitored.
- At the present time no guests are allowed. This will be reviewed at a later date.
- No chairs within 6 feet of pools edge. Masks are encouraged when sitting within 6 feet of steps to pool (shallow end and all ladders)
- If traveling out of state, review the NJ guidelines on quarantine period when returning. Currently travel from the following states require 14 day quarantine upon return to NJ. Those are:
- Alabama (added 6/24/20)
- Alaska (added 7/21/20)
- Arkansas (added 6/24/20)
- Arizona (added 6/24/20)
- California (added 6/30/20)
- Florida (added 6/24/20)
- Georgia (added 6/30/20)
- Iowa (added 6/30/20)
- Idaho (added 6/30/20)
- Illinois (added 7/28/20)
- Indiana (added 7/21/20)
- Kansas (added 7/7/20)
- Kentucky (added 7/28/20)
- Louisiana (added 6/30/20)
- Maryland (added 7/21/20)
- Minnesota (re-added 7/28/20)
- Mississippi (added 6/30/20)
- Missouri (added 7/21/20)
- Montana (added 7/21/20)
- Nebraska (added 7/21/20)
- Nevada (added 6/30/20)
- New Mexico (added 7/14/20)
- North Carolina (added 6/24/20)
- North Dakota (added 7/21/20)
- Ohio (added 7/14/20)
- Oklahoma (added 7/7/20)
- Puerto Rico (added 7/28/20)
- South Carolina (added 6/24/20)
- Tennessee (added 6/30/20)
- Texas (added 6/24/20)
- Utah (added 6/24/20)
- Virginia (added 7/21/20)
- Washington (added 7/21/20)
- Wisconsin (added 7/14/20)
Note: Delaware and the District of Columbia were removed on 8/4/20
All recommendations are per the NJ Department of Health and are subject to change as Governor guidance is revised.