Accokeek Swim Team
Parent & Swimmer Code of Conduct
As a member of the Accokeek Swim Team (AST), I am part of a swimming organization that believes teamwork, integrity, respect and good sportsmanship are critically important. I agree to follow the rules for behavior and sportsmanship while I am a member of AST. The following behavior guidelines state the principles AST expect all members to demonstrate and uphold.
PARENTS CODE of CONDUCT
- Provide coaching staff the respect and authority they deserve to run our swim team. Our coaches are hired for that purpose and the Head Coach oversees the direction of the team.
- Set the right example for our children by showing respect and common courtesies at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents, and for all facilities and other property used during practice or competition.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship during all practices, competitions and team activities. Promote good sportsmanship by setting an example and by helping others to do likewise.
- Meet the volunteer requirements of the team – support meets, concessions, fundraising and other team needs.
- Recognize that AST coaches are professionals and allow them to coach your child without interference during workouts and meets, including not being present on deck during practice or competitions unless you are working at the meet.
- Insist that your child respect other team members.
If you have concerns, parents will address it with the appropriate coach in private. If concerns persist, you are encouraged to address it with the AST Parent Representative.
SWIMMER CODE of CONDUCT
- Make every team practice, meet participation and activity an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Swimmers are expected to show respect, common courtesies and good sportsmanship at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents and for all facilities and other property used during practices, competitions and team activities.
- Swimmers should be punctual and arrive on time for all practices and meets and team events.
- The coaches are there to help the swimmers. Swimmers are expected to pay attention and follow all of the coach’s instructions
completely and exactly.
- Swimmers are expected to respect each other at all times.