CSRC SWIM TEAM
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Registration for the team is done through the website. No swimmer will be allowed in the pool until they have registered and paid for their membership.
- Swimmers who are not members of the Colorado Springs Racquet Club pay an increased team fee. The number of non-member slots available is 30.
- Refund Policy – The Colorado Swimming registration/insurance portion of the membership fee is non-refundable. Once practice begins, team fees will be refunded at 90% after 1 week, 75% after two weeks, 50% after three weeks. After that, no refunds will be given.
- Volunteer Obligation – Like all youth sports, CSRC Swim Team relies completely on volunteers to organize and implement our activities. All families are required to volunteer 10 hours of time towards running swim meets during the season. There is an option of paying $100 if your family is unable, or unwilling, to fulfill this obligation. Swimmers who attend the State Championship Meet will have additional volunteer obligations at the swim meet.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Parents can meet the volunteer obligation in a number of ways. Timers, Clerk of Course, Swimmer Line-up, Computer Desk volunteers, hospitality volunteers, concessions, and Awards & Recognition are a few of the job titles available. If a parent is unable to volunteer, other relatives, or the swimmer themselves, can help volunteer for our swim meets. Parents who volunteer as swim officials and referees fulfill the volunteer obligation.
- Swim Officials and Board Members receive 1 swimmer registration fee waiver per parent volunteer.
- Swim meet registrations – dual, invitational and championship meets must be entered by the swimmer’s family via the website. Invitational & Championship meets must be paid for online at the time of registration. If you do not register your swimmer, they will not be entered in any given meet.
- There will be a registration deadline for all swim meets on the website. If you miss the deadline you may submit a deck entry the morning of the meet, if room allows. There is no guarantee that a swimmer will be allowed to swim under these circumstances.
- Changes to swim meet entries may be done by the coach up until Noon the day before each swim meet. You will be able to verify your swimmer’s entries at the website the night before the meet.
- All questions regarding team membership should be directed to a member of the board of directors.
- Communication regarding all swim team business must be timely in order to maintain positive relationships among members, coaches and volunteer leadership. Please respond to any communication as quickly as possible, but definitely within 12 hours. Please list all contact information in order of preference (phone, text, e-mail).
- Communications regarding practice changes will be the responsibility of the coach. The Team Unify website will be the method used to notify members of any changes. Please make sure you have contact information entered in the website.