Swimmers Code of Conduct
As a Swimmer on the Damascus Dolphins Swim Team, I will abide by the following code of conduct:
1. Demonstrate behavior that will uphold the good reputation of the Damascus Swim Team.
2. Attend all required practices, meetings, and meets unless ill or given prior permission to be absent by the coach.
3. Maintain good community relationships.
4. Comply with all pool rules and policies.
5. Display good sportsmanship at all times.
6. Comply with all MCSL rules and regulations
7. Respect ALL coaches at all times.
8. Abstain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, and controlled dangerous substances, including steroids. This is an extremely serious health issue. Such use places the quality of life for the swimmer in jeopardy. Also at issue is the interdependency of team members and coaches which requires that all swimmers be mentally and physically prepared to give their best efforts. This cannot occur if the swimmer is using alcohol, tobacco, or drugs not prescribed by a licensed physician. Use or possession of alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco in any form, is a health problem contrary to sound athletic training rules. If the use of any of these drug products by a swimmer is evident or verified at a swim team sponsored event, he/she will be suspended from participating in meets for one week. All practices during this time must be attended. Upon verification of a second violation, the swimmer will be suspended from the team for the remainder of the swim season.
Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to The Damascus Dolphins Swim Team, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. The Damascus Dolphins Swim Team Board of Directors maintains the right to terminate any membership with/without cause in the interest of our vision, mission and objectives.
For younger swimmers, parents should read these standards with their child(ren) and explain the standards to them.
As the Parent of a Damascus Dolphins Swimmer, your main responsibility is to provide a caring, supporting environment. This support will encourage your child to feel good about his or her interest in competitive swimming. Show your support by ensuring your swimmer’s attendance at practices and swim meets. Parents are not participants on their child’s team but contribute to the success experienced by the swimmer and his or her team. Parents serve as role models and children frequently emulate their attitudes. Strive to be a positive role model. Most important, always show good sportsmanship toward coaches, board members, officials, swimmers and other teams.
Parent Code of Conduct
As a Parent of a swimmer on The Damascus Swim Team, I will abide by the following code of conduct:
1. Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers, board members and coaches by supporting the values of Discipline, Loyalty, Commitment and Hard Work.
2. As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets or interfere with coaches on the pool deck. Any communication with the coaching staff will occur either prior to the start of a coach’s shift or after the conclusion of his/her coaching day.
3. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials as well as the coaches at meets and practices.
4. Maintain self-control at all times and know my role. Swimmers – swim, Coaches – coach, Officials – officiate, Parents – parent.
5. Enjoy involvement with the Damascus Dolphins Swim Team by supporting the swimmers, coaches, board members & other parents with positive communications & actions.
6. Commit to volunteer hours as prescribed by The Damascus Dolphins Board of Directors.
7. During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials are directed to a member of our coaching staff only.
8. Respect the rules, policies and regulations of The Damascus Dolphins Swim Team set forth by the Board of Directors.
9. As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, board members and /or any participating swimmer will not be permitted or tolerated.
I understand and agree to the above terms and conditions of The Damascus Dolphins Swim Team in exchange for the privilege of my child(ren), registered with this agreement, to participate in the activities and swimming program of The Damascus Dolphin Swim Team. Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to The Damascus Dolphins Swim Team, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. The Damascus Dolphins Swim Team Board of Directors maintains the right to terminate any membership with/without cause in the interest of our vision, mission and objectives.