Porpoise candidates will be tested on Thursday May 31st at 6:00pm . The coaching staff will evaluate the potential porpoises for basic skills before they are allowed to participate. Our head coach will determine what these basic skills are and discuss them at the general meeting. Registration fees will be refunded to parents whose children do not possess the minimum skills for participation.
Porpoise evaluation - 5/31/2018 at 6:00pm in the competition pool.
Fee for Porpoise: $70 per swimmer ($20 late registration fee after May 8, 2018).
Please use the Damascus Swim Team Online Registration on this website and choose “Porpoise”.
Fees need to be paid on the same schedule as the swim team.
Porpoise 2018 Refund Policy:
If swimmer does not make the pre-team - Full Refund.
On or before June 18th - Registration Fees refunded minus $15 Administrative Fee.
After June 18th - No Refunds.
The porpoise pre-team will begin practicing on June 18, 2018. Evaluations are being done early because often porpoise candidates are deemed skilled enough to join the team as 8 & under swimmers. This prevents the advanced swimmers from missing several weeks of valuable practice time.
Porpoise parents are not expected to fulfill the meet volunteer obligations but will be required to do 2 snack bar shifts. Porpoises do not need to purchase team suits. However, parents may want to purchase them for general team spirit or if they feel their child may advance to the team during the season.
You're Ready To Be a Porpoise If . . .
- You LOVE to be in the water
- You can already swim front crawl 10-15 meters unassisted and are comfortable in the water
- You are between the ages of 5-8 years old
- You want extra attention in the water from our swim team coaches and CITs (coaches-in-training)
- You want to learn how to swim all four competition strokes well including backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly
- You want to receive five weeks of practices for the low price of $70 per Porpoise for the entire summer swim season
- You want to make new friends and have fun in the summer
- You want to be a better, stronger, faster swimmer, and be active in a life-long sport
All Porpoises are invited to swim in the Cookie Meet on July 12th, 2018 to gain swim meet experience.
Porpoises are part of the swim team, and encouraged to participate in all team social functions including the pancake breakfast, pasta dinner, Damascus Days parade, ice cream social, bonfire and dive-in movie, and banquet.