-REGISTRATION CLOSED- contact [email protected] with any questions
THIS WEEK - 6/27 - 7/2
Below you will find the practice schedule for the 2022 Season.
First, here's the schedule for May 31st through June 15th (while Prince William County Schools are still in session):
EVENING PRACTICES (Monday through Friday)
8 & Unders Practices @ 7:00pm - 7:45pm
9-10s and 11-12s Practices @ 7:45pm - 8:30pm
13-14s and 15 & Overs Practice @ 8:30pm - 9:15pm
Once Prince William County Schools is out for the summer (June 16th) practices shift to the mornings:
MORNING PRACTICES (Monday through Friday)
13-14s and 15 & Overs Practice @ 7:30am - 8:30am
9-10s and 11-12s Practices @ 8:30am - 9:30am
8 & Unders Practices @ 9:30am - 10:15am
A couple practice notes: The 8 & Unders will be sharing the pool in the evenings with the community (we get three lanes) and they will share the pool with the advanced Guppies group (G2s) during many of the morning practices (beginning 6/20). This is usually fine as the 8 & Unders group is smaller (based on numbers and swimmer size), but if we happen to have a giant influx of younger swimmers (which would be awesome) adjustments will be made as necessary so we can devote the proper amount of attention to each swimmer.
Make-up practices may be available as an option for swimmers who cannot make their scheduled time in the morning, but these practices are by appointment only because we need to schedule coaches to be there. These are not intended to be a primary (or a “double-up”) practice option.
In addition to practices, we will have other team activities throughout the season that will include but will not be limited to instruction via clinics (usually in the evenings), pep rallies, team breakfasts, and other activities to maximize the fun. Each week, the Practice Schedule page will be updated to reflect the current week’s activities. Practices will run through the entire season, which concludes on July 30th.
REGISTER NOW! - JOIN THE TEAM!
Below are some timeless thoughts about practices and what we expect from the team...
Practice Expectations (Swimmers)
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your assigned practice time. We want to start practices promptly and late arrivals cause confusion and delays.
- Goggles are required. Swim caps are encouraged (especially for the girls). If a swimmer has long hair and does not wish to wear a swim cap, they will need something to keep their hair tied (into a ponytail, for example).
- Proper swimwear during practices: Boys-Speedo jammers or briefs; Girls-Speedo suits. Boys should avoid wearing swim trunks or “board shorts” due to drag/resistance, making it 10 times more difficult to move through the water. Girls should not wear bikinis or any 2 piece suits (unless they are specifically designed for aquatic workouts).
- Respect the coaching staff. Listen to and follow the instructions of all coaches, not just the Head Coach. Misbehavior by a swimmer creates an unsafe environment for the instructors and fellow teammates.
- Have fun!
Practice Expectations (Parents)
- Talk to the coaches before 7:00pm or after 9:15pm, not during practices. Coach Lauren will be available before and/or after practice times to answer questions. If you cannot get to the pool during those times, please reach out to a Board member on deck or via [email protected] If you have a question that can’t be answered immediately we will schedule a time to discuss. We encourage you to come forward with any and all questions or concerns. It is our responsibility to educate swimmers AND parents as best we can.
- Respect the “viewing boundaries” set by the coaching staff on the pool deck. We encourage parents to watch practices, but ask that you are not within a direct line of sight with your child and that you do not communicate (aka: give instructions) with your child during practice. In the event of an emergency, a coach will bring your child to you.
- Respect the coaching staff. You are entrusting us with your child for no more than an hour a day. Please allow us the opportunity to teach them this wonderful sport that we know and love.
- Have fun!