Fall and Winter 2018-19
2018-19 Winter Swim Registration and Program Information
The Kingsbrooke Sea Lion Fall & Winter Swim Programs offer a fun environment for athletes of all abilities to improve their strokes and maintain fitness. If your goal is improved technique, increased endurance, and/or better physical shape for the start of the summer season, the Kingsbrooke Sea Lions Fall & Winter Swim programs are for you!
- Justin Doyle - Head Coach
- Dori Hochard - Developmental Head Coach
Central Park Aquatic Center
10371 Central Park Drive
Manassas, VA 20110
–near DMV off of 28.
Dates and Times:
Beginner Program (60-minute session twice per week)– geared towards 10 and under swimmers comfortable swimming Freestyle and Backstroke. Swimmers will be focusing on refining their Freestyle and Backstroke while learning the basic skills needed for Butterfly and Breastroke.
- Fridays – 6:30pm – 7:30pm (*10 one day a week spaces available)
- Sundays – 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Intermediate Program (60-minute session)– swimmers must be legal in 3 of 4 competitive strokes. These swimmers will work on stroke development while perfecting open and flip turns. These swimmers will also start working on aerobic development.
Advanced Program ( 60 minute session) – swimmers are experienced and must be legal and comfortable swimming all 4 competitive strokes and IM. They have the basic skills needed to perform flip turns and open turns and are looking to refine stroke technique while also working and building on speed and endurance.
- Fridays – 7:30 - 8:30 pm (*5 one day a week spaces available)
- Sundays – 6:00 - 7:00 pm (*5 one day a week spaces available)
Developmental (30-minute blocks) The Sea Lion Pups Developmental Program is for swimmers 4 and over who are one step away from summer team participation. The swimmers work on developing the basic strokes, building endurance and having fun. At the end of the program, it is our goal that all developmental swimmers are able to complete one lap. Developmental swimmers should be comfortable with swimming underwater, and able to swim ~12 yards without the use of floatation devices. Full refunds will be offered if coaches deem a swimmer to not be ready for this session.
- Sundays – 6:00- 6:30 (Group A - 12 swimmers) & 6:30 - 7:00 pm (Group B - 12 swimmers).
Fees ($10.00 Processing Fee will apply):
Competitive Swim (All Levels 2 days per week): $390
Competitive Swim (All Levels 1 day per week): $195
Developmental Program: $210 per swimmer
*A multi swimmer discount is available while registering ($10 for second swimmer, $20 for third swimmer, and $30 for fourth swimmer).
Registration and Payment: Registration opened August 8th for returning swimmers and August 15, 2018 for New Families. Payments are accepted via Check or by PayPal (eCheck, Credit Card, etc.).
Registration payments are due no later than seven (7) days from the date of your online registration unless other arrangements are made and approved by the board OR your registration will be null and void and you will have to re-register.
*Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. Spaces for Fall swims are limited due to space.
Winter 2019 Refund Policy:
- Before 1/4/2019, families will be refunded the full amount of their registration.
- From 1/4/2019 through 1/10/2019, families will be refunded one-half of their registration.
- After 1/11/2019 there will be no refunds.
- There will be no refunds given for missed/canceled practices.
- All Refunds are subject to a $25 administration fee per swimmer.
Pay for Fall/Winter Session via PayPal