Piranhas Winter Swim Program
The Board is excited to announce that we have enough interest to hold a Winter Swim program. Our head coach, Faren Ahrens, along with Coach Merilynn Finley, will be running the practices with support coaches. Registration will open on Tuesday, October 13th and close Friday, October 23rd or when all spots are filled. Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are limited to 45 swimmers. Spots are available on a first come, first served basis. Additional swimmers may join the wait list, however there is no guarantee on when restrictions will ease to allow more swimmers. This is not a learn-to-swim program and there will NOT be any coaches physically in the water with swimmers due to COVID-19. The 2020-21 Piranhas Winter Swim program is open to returning swimmers ages 7-18 who are able to swim 25 yards (one length of the pool).
Practices will be held at Central Park Aquatic Center (CPAC) located at 10371 Central Park Dr, Manassas, VA 20110 on Sunday afternoons from 11:45am - 12:45pm. We will start on November 1st and run through May 23, 2021. There will be no makeup practices if CPAC is closed for any reason, inclement weather or if your swimmer will miss a practice.
Additionally, we will not have practice on the following dates:
- Nov 15 (CPAC closed for event)
- Nov 29 (Thanksgiving weekend)
- Dec 13 (CPAC closed for event)
- Dec 20/27 (PWCS Winter Break)
- Jan 17 (CPAC closed for event)
- March 28 (PWCS Spring Break)
- April 4 (PWCS Spring Break)
- May 9 (Mother's Day)
The registration fee is $155 per swimmer and includes coaching, pool rental, and a new facility keycard that is required by CPAC. There are no regularly scheduled meets for winter swim, only practice sessions. Team suits are not required, however we recommend practice suits be worn (i.e. swim jammers or speedo style for boys, girls should be in a one piece suit).
Please review the following guidelines (subject to change due to Covid) that will be in place for the 2020-21 winter swim session:
- Each swimmer will be issued a facility ID card for contact tracing at a one time fee of $5 per swimmer (included in registration fee).
- Swimmers must submit to a Covid pre-screen and temperature check before entering the building.
- Swimmers will be required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility and any time they can’t maintain appropriate social distance.
- Swimmers are not allowed into the building until their entry time of 11:45am - this will reduce their time in the water to less than one hour.
- Locker rooms are available however limited to emergency use only. Swimmers should arrive with their suits on under their clothes and leave with their suits on to prevent crowding and congregating in the locker rooms.
- Only 5 swimmers will be permitted per lane. We will have a firm capacity of swimmers for this session, and participation may need to be limited by age and ability.
- At this time, CPAC is not allowing parents into the facility. A parent must remain in the Parking lot in case of emergency.
- Swimmers must exit the facility immediately following their session.
We can't wait to get back in the water!