Swim Team Rules
- The Rudgear Estates Pool is open during posted hours for general use by members of the Rudgear Estates Homeowners’ Association, and their guests. During the summer, the Pool is open from 12 p.m. until closing. It is the policy of the Homeowners’ Association that anyone who is not a member of either the Pool Association or Homeowners’ Association may not use the Pool after swim team practice or after swim meets.
- For insurance reasons, children or infants who are not team members are not permitted in the Pool area during swim practice. This rule is necessary since there are no Association lifeguards on duty during swim practices, and the coaches cannot be responsible.
- The baby pool and diving pool areas are off limits during swim practice and swim meets because there is no lifeguard on duty.
- The announcer shall announce at the beginning of each meet that no diving will be allowed except from the starting blocks at the start of a race. All other pool entries shall be feet first into the pool.
- Similarly, a “No Diving Except Starting Dives,” policy shall be enforced by the coaches at all practices and meets.
- All children 10 years of age and younger must be supervised by a parent or guardian during swim meets and practices when not participating in a race or practice session.
HOA Pool Rules
- The Rudgear Estates Swimming Pool is to be used by Members & their guests only.
- An adult must accompany children age 10 or younger.
- No running, pushing or rough housing on the deck.
- No dunking, cannon balls or rough housing in the pool.
- No unsafe equipment, toys or activity that may result in accidents or injury is allowed.
- No glass containers or bottles on the deck.
- Members must clean up after themselves and deposit all garbage in trash containers.
- Cut-offs and un-hemmed clothing are not permitted in the pool.
- No running-to-dive or diving in the shallow area of the pool.
- Non-swimmers and those wearing life preservers must have a responsible adult swimmer providing direct supervision with them when in the pool and pool area.
- Adult swim periods are for the first 10 minutes of every hour and for the exclusive use of adults 18years or older. Adults may bring a baby in with them up to 2 years of age.
- Children older than 6 years are not permitted in the baby pool.
- An adult must supervise children in the baby pool at all times.
- Lap lanes are to be used for lap swimming only. Minimum age is 18.
- Radios are only permitted in they do not disturb others.
- One person on the board at a time.
- No recreational swimming in the Diving Pool area.
- No diving off the board until the diving zone is clear of swimmers.
- Swimming under the diving board to exit is not permitted.
- Diving is allowed only off the end of the board and not the sides