Leeland Station Swim Team - Community Support
The Leeland Station Swim Team (LSST) proudly supports our community when in need. Each year, we would like to be able to give back to our community in the small ways we can. Because we are not able to support all of these requests, we have established guidelines to limit the type of activities we will consider.
The LSST is dedicated to the emotional and physical growth of our swimmers and to the morale of the community in which they live. The coaches, the parents, and all involved strive to make swimming a fun experience and at the same time educate our swimmers to the benefits of hard work and sacrifice, good sportsmanship, self-discipline, and community spirit.
Education, Health, and Community Awareness
The LSST Board of Directors meets on the last Thursday of every month. In order to evaluate the requests that we receive, we have established criteria to ensure we have the information we need. Proposals must be submitted in written form and must include:
1. A detailed description of the charitable organization and its cause.
2. Contact information: Name, Mailing Address, Phone number
3. Is this a request for a financial donation? If yes, what value?
4. Date required
5. How does this request relate to one of LSST’s three key initiatives for charitable donations?
6. Provide details on any recognition that will be provided to LSST. This could include media coverage, mention in promotion materials, signage, etc.
7. List of other donors. Indicate whether they are potential or committed.
Once your proposal is complete, please forward by mail to:
Leeland Station Swim Team Donation Request
c/o Scott Loftus, President, LSST
5 Turner Field Ct,
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
The LSST has determined that the following types of requests fall outside of our guidelines and will not be considered for support:
Requests from denominationally specific organizations
Requests from political organizations
Requests from 3rd parties to raise funds for a charity
Requests for multiple year commitments
Requests to support activities outside our service area