2018 River City Swim League Championships
Cecil Aquatics Center, 13611 Normandy Blvd. , Jacksonville, FL
TRAILER LOADING: Tuesday, July 24, 6:00 pm at pool office (rain date Wednesday, July 25) – WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP LOAD THE TRAILER!
WE NEED TO BORROW:
- Fans - Extension cords - 3 way connector/adaptors
- Please bring to the rear of the pool office building to load in the Shelton
trailer. Make sure your name is on everything!
DATE TIME AGE GROUP EVENT(s)
Thursday, July 26 3:00 pm 6 & Under Free, Back, Kickbd, Relays
Friday, July 27 3:00 pm 7 & Up Fly 11 & Up / IM
Saturday, July 28 7:00 am 11 & Up Back, Short Free, Breast
Saturday, July 28 12:00 pm 8 & Under, 10 & Under Back, Short Free, Breast, Fly
Sunday, July 29 7:30 am 7 & Up Long Free, Relays
Course 1: 8 & Under, 11-12, 15-16 Girls, 17–18 Boys
Course 2: 10 & Under, 13-14, 15–16 Boys, 17–18 Girls
HEAT SHEETS: Paid for with your registration fees; will be in a box on the team table in our tent. Your family name will be on the front.
SWIMMER & PARENT CHECK IN: Each swimmer and parent should check in at the team tent daily! You’ll see the check in poster on the front table – initial by your name so we know you and your swimmer are present. IMPORTANT!!
PARENT CHECK IN FOR MEET JOBS: Report to announcer’s stand when your shift is called. Your assignment will be emailed to you prior to championships.
TENT HOSPITALITY PARENTS: Friday - help set up fans, tables & other equipment in tent. Daily: help with food set up and RCSL hospitality. Assist with swimmer check-in and keep the tent clean. Sunday – help dismantle equipment & pack trailer.
SIGN UP TO DONATE FOOD! Please log on to your online account and sign up to donate food for our hospitality table (food sign up is just like signing up to volunteer at a regular meet)
Everyone needs to help keep our tent area clean and safe. All trash needs to be picked up at the end of the day and put in appropriate trash cans.
- NO SMOKING, NO ALCOHOL, NO PEANUTS, and NO COOKING in the tent area!
- NO parents are allowed on pool deck or in clerk with swimmers. This includes 6 and Unders! No parents are allowed back in the clerk of course. They clerks will take good care of your swimmer. There are many on staff to ensure your swimmer’s safety and care.
- Bring highlighters, clips, and sticky notes to keep your place in the heat sheets (championships heat sheets are thick like a book).
- Please be prompt for your meet assignment. We don’t want to hear the league calling for TFS volunteers over the loud speaker.
- The Aquatics Center has 2 pools (courses) with spectator stands.
- Bring chairs for tent. It’s ok to leave them for the weekend (the grounds are patrolled).
- Bring games, books, and other stuff to occupy time between events (especially for younger kids).
- Bring cooler with snacks and drinks for your family. We will also be providing plenty of food and drinks plus there is a concession stand.
- There are swim vendors available. It’s a good place to find practice suits.
- Check relay boards o Sunday morning. DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT CHECKING BOARDS & LETTING COACH PAUL KNOW YOU ARE LEAVING!!!
- Over-the-Hill Relay – The Over-the-Hill Relay is composed of parents of swimmers who are swimming at championships and will be held at the end of the day on Sunday. If you are interested in participating in the relay, please let Coach Paul know.
- Award Ceremony – The award ceremony will follow parent and coach’s relays at the end of the day. We encourage everyone to stay for the awards ceremony.
Fairfield 904-693-4400 (this is where most of our families are staying)
Best Western 904-265-7759
Hampton inn 904-783-8277
CAMPING INFORMATION: CALL 904.573.3150 OR online www.jaxequestriancenter.com/rv-form