We had an overwhelming response to Winter Clinic registration. As of now, Winter Clinic registration is closed!!
Our 2018 Winter Clinic will run from Tuesday, January 9th until Thursday, March 15th.
Winter Clinic is conditioning and stroke work. There are NO meets during this session. Please see registration information at the bottom of this page to register!! NOTE: TO START REGISTRATION PROCESS YOU MUST BE LOGGED OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT FIRST!!!!
We look forward to seeing many TFS swimmers return to the pool and we welcome new families to the team. We encourage our returning swimmers to bring a friend to check us out! New swimmers receive a free trial practice - parents must sign a waiver.
Practice Times from January 9 - March 15:
10 & Under: Tuesday & Thursday 6 - 7 pm
11 & up: Tuesday & Thursday 7 - 8 pm
A swim test is required for all new swimmers ages 8 and under. No competitive swimming experience is required; however, all swimmers should be confident in the pool, be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted in any form (including doggie paddle), and be able to follow directions from the coaches. Our fabulous coaches will teach technique.
The first day of Winter Clinic will be Tuesday, January 9th from 6-8pm at the Rec Center. Practices will continue on Tuesday and Thursdays through March 15th. To start with, the coaches would love to see all kids 10 & under from 6-7pm, and everyone 11 & up from 7-8pm. They will make changes as needed based on skill level and pool capacity.
Cost is $60 per swimmer for all 3 months. Swimmers must be registered before getting in the pool for winter clinic!!
As we get ready for a fun winter season, here are a few tips and reminders:
- When it's cold out, swimmers should dress warmly to and from the pool. There are locker rooms where swimmers can change and once in the heated pool they will be warm. Parents please bring jackets, blankets, coffee and whatever you need to stay warm on deck during chilly nights.
- Need help staying warm this season? Check out our team store for NEW winter apparel.
- Some parents chose to drop their kids off and not to stay and watch practices. That's fine as long as you're confident your child won't need you during practice and you can be easily reached by cell phone in case the coaches need to reach you for any reason.
- Swimmers need to bring goggles, caps, and fins. Goggles, caps, fins, and other swim items are available for sale on our team store.
- Don't forget to bring in any used fins that don't fit any longer. As in year's past we will have a fin exchange box.
- Our swimmer dress code is simple - girls need to wear 1 piece swim suits and boys may wear any type of comfortable swim suit (board shorts, jammers or briefs are fine). Please no 2 piece suits for girls.
REGISTRATION FOR WINTER CLINIC OPENS THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY 2018. To Register for Winter Clinic:
To start the process you must be logged out. From the TFS home page (logged out) click on the "start registration" link on the right side of the page (the link should be right under the sign in link - again, do NOT sign in, yet). Click the start registration link and follow instructions from there. You may register all of your swimmers in one registration "session," saving you time and eliminating redundant data entries. Our online registration process collects the swimmers’ full legal names as well as their parents’ or guardians’ names; a home address and telephone number, cell phone number, email address and emergency and medical information. In addition, you will electronically "sign" the required waivers and acknowledgments required by the team and the League.
We do not share this information with anyone beyond the information that the League requires us to submit to register all of our swimmers with the League each season.
As part of the registration process, you will need to pay your registration fees ONLINE or by check or cash at the Swim Team Office during practice hours.
This system also allows us to send out email and text messages for important announcements or to deliver account statements to our families. Because the information you enter when setting up your family’s account updates all the critical processes for us, it is important that you fill out the online forms as accurately and completely as possible.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 904-432-1524