Stingray End of Season Award Party Monday, July 26th at 5:45 pm at the pool!!!
This year, our season is capped by an Awards Party at the pool, where each swimmer will receive a gift for participating on the team, their championship awards plus many other special awards including High Point Hoodies and Coach's Awards. This will be a great time for Stingray families with good food, lots of awards, reminiscing, fun and fellowship and we encourage all of our members to attend. All Stingray swimmers are invited to attend with their immediate family (parents and siblings).
During the award party, coaches will award the coveted "Coach's Award" to deserving swimmers. Criteria to win a coach's award:
- Attended Winter Clinic (new swimmers are excused)
- Attended ALL meets
- Attended Championships
- Regularly attended practices
- Showed good sportsmanship/behavior
During the party coaches will also hand out "high point hoodies" to swimmers with the highest points for the season. Swimmers have the best chance of winning a high point hoody if they participate in every scheduled swim meet AND place high in each of their events (1st place is awarded the most points, 2nd place is awarded the 2nd most points... etc...). There is no guarantee but participating in all meets and placing in the top will give a swimmer the best chance of winning a hoody.
Below are more details:
- All swimmers and their immediate families are invited (parents and siblings).
- Please arrive with your Potluck dish at 5:45 pm (see assignments below). We will eat shortly after 6:00 pm.
- Families need to bring chairs! Tents are optional (but nice to have in case of light rain). Families will set up in the family field just like during swim meets.
- All swimmers will receive a participation gift.
- We will be recognizing those swimmers who won High Point Hoodies, Coach's Awards (criteria posted on our website), and Champs Awards.
- The theme is "Olympics" and we encourage everyone to wear red, white, and blue.
- The pool will be open for swimming after we eat so please wear/pack a bathing suit. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR SWIMMER TO GET WET until after we eat and Awards are handed out.
We are assigning specific items to each practice group. Please bring 1 item (or more) from your assigned list and include enough portions for a minimum of 15 or more people. If your family participates in more than 1 practice session, bring an item(s) from the earliest practice session you attend.
- 6 pm practice bring drinks! Please bring 1 or 2 gallons of your choice of lemonade, sweet tea/unsweet tea, water (gallons of water are good) OR bring juice boxes. Cups and ice will be supplied by the TFS Board.
- 7 pm practice bring appetizers / side dishes!
- 8 pm practice bring appetizers / side dishes!
- The TFS board will be supplying the main dish, dessert and paper goods (plates, cups, napkins, and cutlery).
Agenda for Potluck Dinner Award Party July 26th:
4:30 - 5:45 pm: Set up. Please come help us set up if you are able.
5:45 - 6:00 pm: Families should arrive with food and chairs - set up your family spot in the family field.
6:10 - 6:45 pm: EAT
6:45 - 7:45 pm: Awards and Recognition
7:45 - 8:30 pm: Free Swim
8:30 pm: Time to clean up - EVERYONE is expected to stay and help
The party will go on in light rain! If we have severe weather, we will reschedule for a later date.