HAMPTON OAKS HURRICANES SWIM BUDDY PROGRAM
Welcome to the Hampton Oaks Swim Team! Spirit and community bonding is a crucial part of a successful team. One of the most contributory programs is being a swim buddy! In this program, older swimmers are matched up with younger swimmers as “Storm Buddies” to socialize with each other at the pool, help younger buddies prepare for their events and cheer each other on at swim meets.
I WANT TO BE A STORM BUDDY - HOW DO I SIGN UP?
All swimmers interested in being a “Storm Buddy” and participating in the HOST Swim Buddy Program will need to complete the Storm Buddy Info Sheet and return it to a HOST Board Member no later than June 7th. Swimmers are then matched up to be “buddies” for the season. Buddy assignments will be posted at our Kick-Off Pool Party...just in time for their first event!
SWIM BUDDY APPLICATION
WHAT DO I DO FOR MY BUDDY?
Once you find out who your buddy is, introduce yourself. Check your folder for your buddy’s info sheet.
Get ready to be a GREAT Storm Buddy and HAVE FUN! Here are some ideas:
- Write a note, draw a picture or make a poster with an encouraging message for your buddy
- Spirited support – Cheer for them from the side of the pool during their race.
- Decorate a cup/water bottle and include a drink for your buddy for swim meets
- Popped popcorn or other favorite for a quick snack
- Baked goods – cookies, cupcakes, brownies (something from your buddy’s favorites list)
- Bring coloring book items, markers, small games, deck of cards, water toys, beach ball
- Get your buddy a snow cone on a hot day or something from the candy bar
- Decorated plastic containers filled with energy snacks, fruit and/or treats
- A simple congratulation statement such as “Good job!”, “Nice swim!” or “Way to go!” are great ways to be a buddy!
GET CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN! EVERYONE LOVES
ENCOURAGEMENT BY THEIR FRIENDS AND TEAMMATES!