NORMANDY PARK SWIMMING CLUB POOL RULES
- Please follow all the rules posted at the pool and obey the lifeguard.
- At the discretion of the lifeguard or manager a child may be required to re-test at any time.
- Non-swimmers must stay where they can comfortable stand with his or her head above water.
- Swimmers deemed to be a risk be the staff may be restricted to parts of the shallow end of the pool or to the baby pool.
- All Bathers shall shower thoroughly before entering the pool. Infants and children who are not toilet-trained must wear approved swim diapers.
- Sunbathers who have put on suntan lotion are required to take a shower before re-entering the pool.
- Admission will be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, bandages, infections, or a cold.
- One person and one bounce on the diving board at a time. Swimmer must go straight off the end of the board and must wait until the previous diver has reached the side of the pool before diving.
- No diving from the side of the pool in the shallow end.
- No diving from the side of the pool near the diving board or entry areas.
- No running on deck
- Spitting and nose blowing in the pool is prohibited
- A swimming suit must be worn.
- Inappropriate and/or dangerous behavior including, but not limited to, foul language, rough, unfriendly, or disrespectful behavior are prohibited and may result in the member or gust being denied use of the facility for up to one day at the discretion of the lifeguard, up to one week at the discretion of the manager, and up to one year at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- No pets, bicycles, skateboards, or scooters are allowed in these areas: locker rooms, deck, sport court, or lawn.
- During lessons a parent or approved sitter must watch each child who has to passed the pool test.
- No floatation devices of any kind are allowed, including, but no limited to: lifejackets, “water wings”, floatation swim suits, and wet or dry suits. Water socks are allowed if they are only worn in the pool and are washing thoroughly before entering the pool. (If there is a medical condition, an exception may be made at the discretion of the pool manager.)
- No glass containers of any type are permitted on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- No alcohol or use of any tobacco product is permitted on the pool deck. Adults may consume alcohol responsibly on the upper deck and lawn area. (Tobacco products are not allowed anywhere on the premises). Irresponsible drinkers or tobacco use (this includes cigarettes, vaping, e-cigarettes, etc.) will be directed to leave the premises; their names will reported to the manager, and, as necessary, to the Board of Directors for disciplinary action.
- Persons Using the lawn area are required to shower before re-entering the pool
- Use of the telephone is restricted to brief, local calls home.
- Staff only are allowed in the office during normal operating hours. During meets or other events the manager may make exceptions to this policy.
- Parking is only permitted in the marked spaces. Parking is not permitted on the driveways or near the dumpsters. In an emergency offending vehicles may be pushed aside by emergency vehicles.
Please help keep the pool safe and pleasant.
- During Lap Swim only persons 14 and older may swim laps, use the diving board is prohibited.
- During Adult Swim only persons 18 and older, or staff approved by the manager, may swim or dive.
- During Home Swim or Dive meets NP members may be free unaccompanied guest at either Olympic View or Gregory Seahurst if their pool is not hosting a meet.
- The Manager or Lifeguard has the right to remove a Swimmer for inappropriate conduct or actions. Please obey and respect the lifeguards. Failure to obey will result in a loss of pool privileges.
The lifeguard has final say on all matters of safety, regardless of the rules.
PLEASE HAVE A FUN AND SAFE SUMMER!